Relaxing Photographs Of Trees

Slight smile  Please post relaxing photos that you've taken of trees here for everyone to enjoy.   Slight smile

• The Houses of Parliament today.

• "There is no mystery in this association of woods and otherworlds, for as anyone who has walked the woods knows, they are places of correspondence, of call and answer. Visual affinities of color, relief and texture abound. A fallen branch echoes the deltoid form of a streambed into which it has come to rest. Chrome yellow autumn elm leaves find their color rhyme in the eye-ring of the blackbird. Different aspects of the forest link unexpectedly with each other, and so it is that within the stories, different times and worlds can be joined.”
    Robert Macfarlane, The Wild Places

“Single trees are extraordinary; trees in number more extraordinary still. To walk in a wood is to find fault with Socrates's declaration that 'Trees and open country cannot teach me anything, whereas men in town do.' Time is kept and curated and in different ways by trees, and so it is experienced in different ways when one is among them. This discretion of trees, and their patience, are both affecting. It is beyond our capacity to comprehend that the American hardwood forest waited seventy million years for people to come and live in it, though the effort of comprehension is itself worthwhile. It is valuable and disturbing to know that grand oak trees can take three hundred years to grow, three hundred years to live and three hundred years to die. Such knowledge, seriously considered, changes the grain of the mind.

"Thought, like memory, inhabits external things as much as the inner regions of the human brain. When the physical correspondents of thought disappear, then thought, or its possibility, is also lost. When woods and trees are destroyed -- incidentally, deliberately -- imagination and memory go with them. W.H. Auden knew this. 'A culture,' he wrote warningly in 1953, 'is no better than its woods.' ”
    Robert Macfarlane, The Old Ways: A Journey on Foot

I'm a fan of Robert MacFarlane. This book in particular, though not photography related, follows the tracks, holloways, drove-roads and sea paths that form part of a vast ancient network of routes criss-crossing the British Isles and beyond. Robert Macfarlane discovers a lost world - a landscape of the feet and the mind, of pilgrimage and ritual, of stories and ghosts; above all of the places and journeys which inspire and inhabit our imaginations.

Exmoor

• I would enjoy viewing and contributing to a Wildlife Thread if you start one.   Slight smile

• Apologies. My comment was intended as a jokey throwaway remark. Please talk about plants that can disfigure you as much as you like.  :)

• Greetings, all. I saw this Thread yesterday, 3 Minutes after it was begun, but did not Post due to varying reasons... This is supposed to be a "Relaxing Pictures" Thread, and despite having ability, I myself lack the equipment (A Proper Camera of my own).
    I also wanted to Post (to any "Newbies"?) some things. One is that this is not the only "Photography" Thread...
    Two is information about Pictures: To get them to Post in this Forum, they must be JPEG in Format, and either under 1 MegaByte in size, or under 800x800 Pixels (That is what WebPM said). Also "Flatten" them if you have a Graphics Program, I say.
    ...Three would have been, that THE Best Photographers here (before this Thread) are Mr.Robert123 and TrainSpotter! (I am Glad to see you both here, everyone cower before the might of these Professional Photographers, Mwha-ha-haa...)

...All That aside, here is about the best "Tree" thing I myself have now, sorry. This is a close-up of what a London Plane Tree does, when "Tree Surgeons" have pruned them in a Winter, for their very first time. (The Green Background is from Conifers.) I took the picture of their initial RED Leaf-Growth in the Spring; Yet worry not, for the Leaves came out Green after the Trees recovered during the Summer, and to this day, a year or so after that, they are still quite alright after enduring the entire business of "pruning"...

Apart from all of that... Finally I add: It is August, now - and so begins the Berry/Fruit/Nut Season... Yay! (Elders, Rowans, Pinecones, Apples, Blacks, Dews, Conkers... all of that.) (A full, proper "Wildlife" Thread, I always ask, anyone...?)      :-)

• I'm the famous walker through the woods.  I go to relax.

Here's a few from my 3rd June walk, following narrow paths.

• A picture with trees in it...

Lichfield Cathedral after three days of absolutely bitter cold weather in 2010. 

• Before and after for another tree in my local park...

• Glendurgan Gardens, Cornwall

• Laburnum Tunnel in North Wales (can't remember the place name at the moment but it begins with a 'B' (I think!!)

• back to hogweed then.

• Not sure how my relaxing tree topic got onto the subject of plants that can disfigure you.  :(

But I was reminded that a friend saw this picture and said "I hope your skin didn't come into contact with that plant in the foreground!". I think I was standing in a huge clump of it when I took this photo.  Open mouth

• all taken Boxing day 2004 near Macclesfield, Cheshire

• A variety of trees, viewed from belowThis is the view I woke up to in my hammock last time I went wild camping (it was a clear night weather-wise so I left the tarp off). 
    I was just completely struck by how beautiful it was.

• Beautiful.  I simply love trees.

• You're an excellent graphic artist Martian Tom.