Control

I am a Brit living in Kazakhstan, over the last year I have seen on three occasions a near neighbor of ours  frog marching a 10-14 year old boy down the road with his arms firmly tied behind his back from elbow to wrist. 

I spoke to another neighbor about it and she said that the boy was this woman’s ((the frog marcher) eldest daughter’s son, i.e. her grandson. The eldest daughter does not live with them.

The woman looked stressed at the time and the boy seemingly reluctantly complying.

I have not approached this woman as I do not know what I am getting into.

The neighbor I spoke to said that she had heard the boy was autistic.

Any advice out there please? 

Parents
  • I do not know enough about the culture or the situation to say whether this is abusive. It could be the grandmother's only way of getting the boy to school or a doctor, which she sees as in his interest.

Perhaps it would be better to approach with an offer of help/information re. autism if what you've heard is true?

That also might help actually find out more about the situation to see if there are alternatives.

• I do not know enough about the culture or the situation to say whether this is abusive. It could be the grandmother's only way of getting the boy to school or a doctor, which she sees as in his interest.

Perhaps it would be better to approach with an offer of help/information re. autism if what you've heard is true?

That also might help actually find out more about the situation to see if there are alternatives.

Children
No Data