Nothing to do with Autism, only about Takeaway Foods

Sorry to bother you good folks, about this, but I was just wondering. KFC are closing and re-opening a lot of branches lately. I just wondered if anyone else has noticed or can confirm that the real reason for doing this is nothing to do with "delivery problems", but rather the fact that they have to completely empty all of their storage facilities of Non-Halal Meat, before they can put Halal Meat in there...?

(The thing about Halal Meat is that it is not supposed to be with other Meat.)

I live in London, and KFCs which did not sell Halal Meat before, sell it now, I think, but it is Hot and so I cannot check this myself. I only post this now because when summer is over, this business will likely be over as well. What happens to this Thread after my saying this does not really matter, for I am only wondering if anyone else has noticed this. (There should be a little symbol upon a front door/window saying "HMC Certified", or something, which was not there before.)

• I walk into them every time! Lol! And they still go over my head! The punch line might come to me, sometimes several years later! 

• There's a double-entendre right there but I will stick to my promise!Innocent

• Good tidings to you also DC! That did kind of turn into a stream-of-conciousness sprawl but yeah I think you get it! I think the mod read it all too, lol.

Now as for tourist prices, lololloolollollol. Motorway service stations, airports, train stations and kind of under the same umbrella....cinemas! You can't really swerve the whole airport situation but for all the rest I'm loading up my backpack and not paying!

On the subject of newagents, W.H. Smiths have a predatory approach to pricing and location. They always seem to have a store in a place when I'm stuck for choice! Lol, yeah "not for individual resale" is a joke! I've got to say my local shop isn't too bad when they do it though they only whack about 20p on, mercifully!

• Glad Tidings to Cloudy Mountains, and I write this to Thank You for a Post - yet especially to say that I do not mind that sort of "Rant"... But look what happens here:

Edited by Nellie-Mod

...crumbs...!

(I wonder what would happen if I "ranted" about "Tourist Prices" and those newsagents who buy packs of food from big-name stores only to re-sell them at 300% of the original Price?...

(NOT FOR INDIVIDUAL RESALE. It clearly says. But they do it anyway...)

• It would probably go right over my head anyway! Lol! No mouth

• Lol. Pretty true! I could get into some highly inappropriate stuff about battered sausage. I won't lower the tone though.Innocent

• What about the battered sausage!!! Lol! They get battered and then thrown into hot fat! 

• I just wonder if the chips are stunned first before being placed in the hot fat to sizzle away.

The mushy peas might have more pain. They look like it.......

• the North Atlantic Garbage Patch (largely composed of plastic waste) is now twice the size of France

The great Pacific Garbage patch is 1.6 million kilometers! 1.6 million! Plastic and paper were phased out due to "economic concerns". Now the world has massive problems that big industry and government have "solutions" for.  I don't really like Nitzsche but "Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule" is fitting for the whole discussion we're all touching on here. Maybe insanity is the defence for a very clever economic crime though.

I think there are a number of exceptions and negating factors as to why some people buy junk food. I out a big thing above but I don't feel it's a totally black and white thing. Obviously though there are better places than others.

• halal eaters have yet to be poisoned by the fast food industry

Dixy chicken was started down the road from me in 1986. One of the largest fried chicken chains in the world now. It's always been Halal. Muslim owned too. There are lots of junk food chains that are halal and muslim owned.

Halal junk food is massive here, always has been. You can get achar and tikka on pizzas. Masala fish burgers, all types of kebabs and don't get me started on sweetshops. Barfi is worse than anything calorie wise I can think of. I love Jalebi's best. Think donuts, in pretty woven shapes but covered in syrup.

I mostly eat a Taoist diet but Jalebi is a weakness.

they are clearly the people to target next

If I go to Chinatown there are buffets full of South-East asian people eating Jill Yuen and Crispy Shredded Beef in Chinese owned restaurants selling to chinese people. Sad reality of life is money is money, everyone with a business wants to fill seats not fullfill moral obligations. On the upside personal choice is there too but not always.

I don't look down on people that eat junk food, I do occasionally but the way that healthy food is charged at premium rates makes it unaffordable to some. That is a moral dilemma I have a problem with. You have idiots in the media and government lobbying to stop things like 2 for 1 deals, the pasty tax, and basically the net is closing in on the poor. I'm speaking from personal experience. Mom worked 2 jobs and dad woked up to 14 hours a day all to keep paying an dodgy endowment mortgage that was rigged and encouraged by government regulation. When they could cook they would but sometimes due to tiredness they would have to buy food from Dixy or throw something from Greggs in the oven. So the poor and people stuck for time because they are trying to survive are being punished. Healthy food should be cheaper. In my opinion the healthy food agenda and the junk food agenda are pincers of a pretty twisted ecomomy. Charge more for food that doesn't fit what is deemed "acceptable" and overcharge for healthy food because it is deemed "acceptable". No one wins apart from both sides of the supply chain. It's basically social eugenics using fear and outrage against people who may not have a choice, everyone deserves a choice within reason.

Sorry BlueRay that turned a bit ranty but I'm just putting my opinion across to everyone. I was speaking to a friend the other day and we were discussing how much Broccoli costs now and we sort of got on this subject. He's been a vegan for 10 years and he was saying that it costs more to go to a vegan restaurant than a swanky restaurant. They have one here that weigh your plate because "they want to help the environment". I went and told them to throw it in the bin because if they had any belief in their mission statement or vegan ideals they would want people to have a reason to come back. £18 for a medium sized plate of vegetables. They were exploiting their customers based on the psychology of ideological tribalism.

Food marketing is ideological, culturally engineered and political. It's a ****ty state of affairs for everyone. I'm not mad at anyone posting, just thinking about things and we're over a barrel sometimes.

Edited by Nellie-Mod

• Don't know, DC!

But as autistic individuals, we have different tastes in foods as everyone else does.  But there is perhaps a link here with autism, in that a lot of autistic people have a restricted diet (me included) and some of us may have more than the recommended intake of Kentucky Fried Chicken (made to Colonel Sanders special recipe!)

I cannot eat chicken (can't stand it) and prefer the good old English traditional takeaway delicacy (part of which was originally from the old English colony of France!) called Fish and Chips.  I have to restrict my intake these days, but the smell of a traditional chip shop when I am hungry is very difficult to resist!  I just wonder if the chips are stunned first before being placed in the hot fat to sizzle away.

• Hi DC,

Sorry - I can't really help as I don't use KFC, McDonald's or any of those places.  I see them as the cause of so much suffering and destruction - and not just to human health.  Back earlier in the year, KFC were reportedly having problems getting hold of sufficient quantities of chicken.  Amazing, considering all the billions and billions of meat chickens that are bred for fast-food and supermarkets every year.  Apparently - and even more amazing, or maybe not considering the way people can be - the police were getting 999 calls from 'concerned' and 'angry' members of the public about the (temporary) closure of outlets.  People were even writing to their MPs about the 'crisis'.  It's a bit of a sad reflection on modern life, I think, when people like that can get into a panic over lack of junk-food, but appear indifferent to the fact that the North Atlantic Garbage Patch (largely composed of plastic waste) is now twice the size of France.  I also read that 40% of millenials don't bother to recycle because they find it too time-consuming.  Presumably because it means being away from Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook and Twitter for whole minutes at a time!

• Thanks DC, it’s lovely to be back. I simply needed a period of increased isolation and it did its job and it’s really good to be back and you’re right, it is very flipping hot! Keep cool Sunglasses 

• They clearly see an oppprtunity to bring those who eat halal meat into the vast fast food empire, as a way of increasing their fortunes and they clearly see them as a big part of their profit margain going forward. Very interesting. Thanks for posting. I know that many people I know are trying to stay away from fast food as they are making efforts to increase their health so maybe this is a common trend and halal eaters have yet to be poisoned by the fast food industry so they are clearly the people to target next. I didn’t realise so many people are taking more responsibility for their health, if this is the case. If it is then it’s a great sign. 

• This reply has nothing to do with the subject, but...

...Hey, BlueRay! This is late, and Miss Elephant already said this, but, I am glad to see you back as well! A lot of things going on, just as I have to go off, due to it being too fer-lipping HOT, now..! Take care of yourself, Thank You!

• ...Perhaps I should add somethings in order to stave off potential argument/controversy/hatred/whatnot...

I only posted this to wonder if anyone else noticed. I did not start this Thread to discuss Religion or Halal Meat (!) - I could just as easily have posted: "KFC used to sell Polka-dot Meat, but now they are selling Stripey Meat, has anyone else noticed?" or something. I have nothing against Halal or Kosher or Religions, it is all matter-of-fact to me. I just posted this for now, sorry...

Here are some links (!):

www.kfc.co.uk/.../halal

www.foodmanufacture.co.uk/.../KFC-halal-chicken-may-not-be-real-halal-Muslim-scholar

• I have absolutely no idea and only eat their fries when really desperate so I wouldn’t notice any changes and as I don’t have tv, radio, or any other form of news or social media, I don’t hear about such things.  Although come to think of it, I remember recently our local branch was all out of gravy for a while then all out of chicken at one point as well, so yeah, there’s definitely some dilly dallying going on. But sorry, I have no idea what’s going on.