Stimming manifestation list: which form does yours take? Please add to list

-Hair twirling and smoothing. Observation of the texture visually and through touch

-Trichotillomania and skin picking (? unsure if this is stimming or not)

-Foot and knee bobbing

-Tapping with fingers or objects

-Repeating useless phrases, sounds or parts of songs

Parents
  • I sway side to side on my office chair. Sometimes spin.

Use thumb and forefinger to make a circle on each hand and link them together. Then pull the link until they part. Then repeat. This is when I'm nervous or stressed.

Tapping thumb and forefinger together repeatedly. Like playing castanets. This I do when trying to think through something. 

Rock forwards and backwards in a sitting position when I'm excited or in anticipation. Raising off the floor slightly.

Silent clap when excited.

Rock side to side for comfort. 

Bounce on my toes.

Have a few different noises, some for comfort and some if I'm happy. The happy ones can get a little loud.

Naming something out loud if it surprises me, then repeating it 2 or 3 times.

• I sway side to side on my office chair. Sometimes spin.

Use thumb and forefinger to make a circle on each hand and link them together. Then pull the link until they part. Then repeat. This is when I'm nervous or stressed.

Tapping thumb and forefinger together repeatedly. Like playing castanets. This I do when trying to think through something. 

Rock forwards and backwards in a sitting position when I'm excited or in anticipation. Raising off the floor slightly.

Silent clap when excited.

Rock side to side for comfort. 

Bounce on my toes.

Have a few different noises, some for comfort and some if I'm happy. The happy ones can get a little loud.

Naming something out loud if it surprises me, then repeating it 2 or 3 times.

Children
No Data