Urgent - need a criminal specialist solicitor

Please help. I can't get through on the N.A.S help line.

My son has ended up in prison.

The forensic psychiatric report had serious mistakes in.

We are told to get a solicitor but don't trust them.

My son had bad representation.

Diagnosed with ASD has learning difficulties. Socially isolated.

He was manipulated by teens for money e.t.c

Had false malicious allegations made against him prior.

No defense in case on unknown allegations that was not known fully until after the case!!!!

Was in breach of an order he didn't understand.

We have a lot of things needed looking into this case where my son was told to plead guilty to get a Psychiatric report. 

It's all mess.

Parents Reply
  • Sorry, I realise you said you'd tried the NAS helpline. Hope you managed t get through eventually.

    You may find all the info available is in the directory


    and as Graham says, list of law centres. Yes, NAS should do more.  Oh, I know... RADAR is now:


    However they don't seem to take on many cases themselves now, only discrimination and hate crime. Their directory provides further helplines, which I hope don't send you around in circles:


    Here are the highlights:

    The National Offenders’ Families Helpline provides help for families on all aspects of the criminal justice system in England and Wales from arrest through to release.. 0808 808 2003

    Irwin Mitchell have experience of all types of legal cases and has taken cases all the way to the Supreme Court, European Court of Justice and the European Court of Human Rights when necessary. www.irwinmitchell.com/

    EASS 0808 800 0082

    Disability Law Service provides specialist legal advice for disabled people, their families and carers on the following subjects     Community Care    Disability Discrimination 020 7791 9800

    Civil Legal Advice (CLA) 0345 345 4 345


    Scope 0808 800 3333 or go online at www.scope.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/helpline

    Legal Aid Agency - Community Legal Advice find-legal-advice.justice.gov.uk/

    The Bar Pro Bono Unit can put people who need legal advice and representation in touch with barristers who are willing to work for no fee or ‘pro bono’ (‘for the good’). The Unit takes applications through advice agencies and solicitors and aims to help in cases where someone cannot afford to pay, cannot get legal aid and has a ‘meritorious’ case (in other words, a good case). Website: www.barprobono.org.uk

    LawWorks is a charity working in England and Wales to connect volunteer lawyers with people in need of legal advice, who are not eligible for legal aid and cannot afford to pay. www.lawworks.org.uk/


No Data