One of the saddest events in my life

This happened in 2000.  But I am sharing it now to get it off my chest and because it still affects my confidence today, whenever I remember it.

Back in 2000, I was a part time carer and I was looking for part time retail work because of their very flexible working hours.

I had applied to all the local supermarkets and major stores.  I had got two interviews but been turned down.

The job centre suggested a two week course which was run in conjunction with the city council and a major supermarket.  At the end of the course we were guaranteed an actual interview for a real job with a new supermarket which was opening nearby.

At the end of the first week I was called into the training centres manager's office.  And he asked me to leave. Frowning2

I asked why because I was unaware of having done  anything wrong.  

At first he refused to give a reason, they just wanted me to leave!

After much hesitation, he told me.

1. I did not fit in with the rest of the group.
  2. I didn't belong here.
  3. The trainers were terrified of me.
  4. They just didn't want me there.
  5. No supermarket would employ me in a million years.
  6. I should just leave.

So I left.  Feeling rejected and dejected.

Parents
  • Mr. Robert123 lists:

2- I didn't belong here.

3- The trainers were terrified of me.

4- They just didn't want me there.

...I get numbers 2 & 4 at myself upon a regular basis - even from a distance, just upon sight of me. Of number 3, sometimes it is useful for keeping strangers away, but it does not work upon "children" (they chase me). If I could control it, that would be brilliant.

When I was forced to "JobSeek", the Employers would largely be impressed with what I could do and with my knowledge. But then they would give non-specific reasons for dismissal to my face (such as giving me "the afternoon off"). Then officially later on, they would invent and supply some excuse for no longer keeping me within their employ at all (via a Letter or Phone-Call). But they would always keep/copy/use the work which I did there anyway.

• Mr. Robert123 lists:

2- I didn't belong here.

3- The trainers were terrified of me.

4- They just didn't want me there.

...I get numbers 2 & 4 at myself upon a regular basis - even from a distance, just upon sight of me. Of number 3, sometimes it is useful for keeping strangers away, but it does not work upon "children" (they chase me). If I could control it, that would be brilliant.

When I was forced to "JobSeek", the Employers would largely be impressed with what I could do and with my knowledge. But then they would give non-specific reasons for dismissal to my face (such as giving me "the afternoon off"). Then officially later on, they would invent and supply some excuse for no longer keeping me within their employ at all (via a Letter or Phone-Call). But they would always keep/copy/use the work which I did there anyway.

Children
No Data