A Royal Wedding, Huzzah!

Good Fortune to all who may read.

I honestly have no idea why I begin this Thread, yet it is begun nonetheless, and I do feel quite strongly about it. I very much like and respect Queen And Country. And...This is my first and maybe last attempt at a POLL. (I might also expect this to be a very short Thread.)

What think anyone here, of Our Great Royal Family...?

Parents
  • ...Now I know that I cannot do a POLL, despite following instructions. Oh well...

That makes little difference to this Thread, however! I do not know why I am "patriotic" yet I felt someone had to start a Thread to do with the Royal Family... I think that all such things are very rousing and Historic. 

Insofar as this being a Thread about "Royalty", then Posts may be random or "chat"-ish, although I am not that good at chat.

(As I type this, there is a reply). The last thing I meant to say was... Why is Prince Henry called "Harry"...?

• When it was announced on the news that he was named, and showed pictures of him leaving hospital with Charles and Diana, the newscaster said "His parents announced that he will be known as Harry." That's what I remember anyway. I think Diana used to call William "Wills" too but I haven't heard it used since he was a little boy. (Wouldn't like to speculate about what she called Charles!)  I don't know either of the boys full names though (?) but it should be easy to find out I guess.  

• Upon official documents (which they print in newspapers), it says "Henry".  I myself had always thought that they preferred to call him " Harry" because of "Harry Potter"...

(I suppose this is "chat", now?)

• I think Harry was the British medieval short spoken form of the French name Henry. Or something along those lines. 

Reply Children
No Data