Welcome Pack

After my diagnosis at 57 a few weeks ago, I thought I would join.

So, today, my welcome pack arrives, all emblazoned with NAS pictures and logo, and the word "Welcome".

Gee, thanks, NAS for outing me to the postman (who I have a good relationship with).  Shouldn't that have been my decision?

Parents
  • I today received  the Autism Magazine and it advertises autism everywhere. Autism logos all over the place. I am not happy.

I also received a membership renewal letter with the society's logo on the envelope.

I do not understand why the letters cannot be enveloped discreetly.

• Really interesting thread which says alot about our relationship to autism.... or it is I worry about societies perception of the condition that there seems to be an embarrassment and shame associated with it, or is it because it is the loss of agency to decide yourself who knows?

Do have such post from NAS who assume that I support the charity but not necessarily mean that I had the condition in such a way as receiving post from Cancer Research does not imply that I have the condition myself.

On an a economic note, plain envelopes would be cheaper.... and can totally understand why it might unsettle.

• The membership renewal letter shows ''Membership Number: XXXXX" even without opening the envelope.

It is very clear to everybody just looking at the envelope that I am a member.

or it is I worry about societies perception of the condition that there seems to be an embarrassment and shame associated with it, or is it because it is the loss of agency to decide yourself who knows?

I think it is all of them together. I value my privacy.

• The membership renewal letter shows ''Membership Number: XXXXX" even without opening the envelope.

It is very clear to everybody just looking at the envelope that I am a member.

or it is I worry about societies perception of the condition that there seems to be an embarrassment and shame associated with it, or is it because it is the loss of agency to decide yourself who knows?

I think it is all of them together. I value my privacy.

Children
No Data