Welcome Pack

After my diagnosis at 57 a few weeks ago, I thought I would join.

So, today, my welcome pack arrives, all emblazoned with NAS pictures and logo, and the word "Welcome".

Gee, thanks, NAS for outing me to the postman (who I have a good relationship with).  Shouldn't that have been my decision?

Parents
  • As I have posted in another thread the NAS arguably exists more for family or friends of people on the spectrum than for people on the spectrum itself so the pack could just mean to the postman that you had a family member or friend on the spectrum.

I am not saying this helps but it may explain NAS's lack of thought.

• I'm a bit surprised if the NAS is more for family or friends but I take your point.  But still, it just makes it an issue, when it's unnecessary.

NAS, keep the contents inside, instead of using the envelope to proselytise.

• Out of interest I looked up the NAS on the Charity Commission website.

According to the website the charitable objects of the NAS are the development, delivery and promotion of the education, health, welfare care and support of people with autism and related conditions so I could argue that the NAS should be mainly for people with autism not their family and friends, although I accept that helping family and friends is a valid way of helping people with autism.

According to the website one of the old names of the society was the National Society for Autistic Children which ties in with what I have already said about the roots of the society.

• That's very interesting.  I feel like I'm wading in with my big size nines into an organisation where I don't know the ins and outs so this is all very helpful.

Reply Children
No Data