Penalty notice for unauthorised holidays

This is my first post please be kind my punctuation and spelling is not great

My husband and I have just received penalty notices for my 12 year old ASD son as we took him on holiday during term time my son can not deal with crowded places and lots of over excited children we obviously want our son to experience every opportunity we can give him but find if we take him away during school holidays it is too stressful and overwhelming for him so we have no choice but to take him during school term time when it is quieter and he can enjoy his break away. My son is in mainstream school and the school are well aware of why we take him away during term time. Has anyone else had this issue and is there anything we can do about the penalty notice as it states we have no statutory right to appeal but feel there is exceptional circumstances for the leave 

Parents
  • eh what does it even mean? they cant do anything and have no power right? so just tell them to suck on a fart and ignore them. they have no power over you or your kid, they can kick your kid out of their school maybe but then if they are that way hed probably be better off.

• Ultimately, we all live in this system and have to find our accomodations with it or ways to push back and accept the consequences. When there are some. 

Ian is a professional by the sound of it, (the copius use of acronyms & complexity gives it away) and can be completely trusted to follow the money, as all "professionals" do.

I honestly don't know if he is providing us useful and cogent information that completely discredits the truths I passed on, and will avert disaster f these guys give what I said any credence, as he seems to be saying, or if he is just obscuring the issue, in the furtherance of his profession. 

Perhaps this song fits:     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX8szNPgrEs 

I am daily being exposed to people who make a fairly solid case that for some Parents & Children conventional schooling is simply dangerous as it is now conducted. Since we seem to heading into a post multicultural world where no one needs to learn how to fit in with different thinking people, because all dissent will have been engineered out. It could be argued that the only reason kids need to go to school now is to be subjected to the stuff everyone needs to know, like how to comply effectively with the legal system, why we need banks and how banking (alledgedly) works, and of course, they mustn't miss out on DQST lessons at the local library..  

Once the kids can be educated in these matters at home and the methods of surveillance and social control over the parents are properly in place. Schooling will become much more "flexible" and these issues won't be such a problem. But right now, Klaus and his WEF need your kids to attend state schools so they can start trialling the new insect proteins they want us to "transition" to...

Some of us Autists will love the micromanagement of our lives that the future holds, some of us (and I suspect you are one, Caelus! will suffer greatly because of it).

Maybe they should just pay the FPN for a quiet life. But equally maybe, people who try and make the automatic money harvesting process (and there are so many of those now) more awkward, or even try to push back are an essential part of the checks and balances an overall decent society requires. But if people don't even know that pushback at any level is an option, then the rules will just keep getting so manifold that more an more people get criminalised or persecuted for non crimes, as certainly appears to be the case here.. 

• Talking of acronyms ... what does DQST mean?  Google came up with " drug quality sampling and testing "  "drag queen story time " and " De Quervain's stenosing tenosynovitis " - not of which seemed relevant to public libraries and/or the curriculum.

As to my acronyms -   EWO - Education Welfare Officer ; PACE - Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 and its Codes of Practice ; ESO - Education Supervision Order ; EA96 - Education Act 1996.

Some of your arguments seem similar to those of the US " sovereign citizen" conspiracy theorists, with maybe a bit of Rousseau's education theories thrown into the pot ... or have I misunderstood? I take it the Klaus you refer to is Klaus Schwab?

A counter-argument is that the mass media are in thrall to advertising and artificial intelligence. Maybe the role of schools should not be the inculcation of facts (rote learning) but the ability to search out and evaluate evidence. Kids need to learn that just because something is on social media and has the image of some "influencer" attached does not make it credible. Good schools are teaching critical thinking skills ... the ability to seek out evidence, generate and test theories and work collaboratively. I still have a rather worn copy of Darrel Huff's "How to Lie with Statistics " recommended by my maths teacher in the mid-60s, and still surprisingly relevant.

• Talking of acronyms ... what does DQST mean?  Google came up with " drug quality sampling and testing "  "drag queen story time " and " De Quervain's stenosing tenosynovitis " - not of which seemed relevant to public libraries and/or the curriculum.

As to my acronyms -   EWO - Education Welfare Officer ; PACE - Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 and its Codes of Practice ; ESO - Education Supervision Order ; EA96 - Education Act 1996.

Some of your arguments seem similar to those of the US " sovereign citizen" conspiracy theorists, with maybe a bit of Rousseau's education theories thrown into the pot ... or have I misunderstood? I take it the Klaus you refer to is Klaus Schwab?

A counter-argument is that the mass media are in thrall to advertising and artificial intelligence. Maybe the role of schools should not be the inculcation of facts (rote learning) but the ability to search out and evaluate evidence. Kids need to learn that just because something is on social media and has the image of some "influencer" attached does not make it credible. Good schools are teaching critical thinking skills ... the ability to seek out evidence, generate and test theories and work collaboratively. I still have a rather worn copy of Darrel Huff's "How to Lie with Statistics " recommended by my maths teacher in the mid-60s, and still surprisingly relevant.

Children
No Data