Chat Bot

Am I right to be concerned about the possibility of Chat Bots on this site?

There are a few concerning posts and, as I don't know much about these things, I'm not sure if I'm worrying over nothing here? Can they cause harm to individuals in any way on this type of chat site? 

If I'm being ridiculous, someone please tell me so! (I will be more relieved than offended.)

Parents Reply Children
  • I'm not sure what "a grift" means (showing my age again!) but I agree that it's a little concerning how some young people want to leap into dating. Personally I believe it's best to get to know ourselves before jumping into all of that but I suppose that's not a very popular view. It certainly isn't popular with one of my own daughters and that scares the hell out of me!

Thank you very much for this valuable advice!

I will try to keep this in mind!

We must be careful and I have to be careful.

• Sometimes people feel desperate. I, sometimes, feel desperate but not all the time.

I think I feel desperate sometimes because I realize that I could be always without a partner.

That is not a nice thing and makes me desperate.

• of coarse it is true for males also, sorry I get carried away as females are only just getting a fair hearing,Well a better hearing than previously, being disgnosed using Male criteria is so wrong, there is a lot of clinical evidence to show new criteria needs to be implemented that suits the specifics females needs.

Hey if I see anyone in need of support I struggle to not lend support. 

Often unwelcome but would rather be told to go take a jump than let anything bad happen.

Me being verbally abused at school mostly by adult teachers tends to give me a unique perspective when I see any form  of bullying,put downs or just ignorance to others.

I hated it then and hate it now, 

take care, 

()

• I'm not sure what "a grift" means (showing my age again!) but I agree that it's a little concerning how some young people want to leap into dating. Personally I believe it's best to get to know ourselves before jumping into all of that but I suppose that's not a very popular view. It certainly isn't popular with one of my own daughters and that scares the hell out of me!  

• Some males are too! I think that it's good we are watching out for both. Remember some people are cruel and ruthless! Being old isn't so bad at least we are past that "I need to meet someone stage" and we can sort of look out for people here.

• I see your point and yes it bothered me, But as I said before some younger members are naive to adult ways, 

Some  females on the autistic spectrum sadly have experience of being taken advantage of, a combination of naivety and believing that most are honest.

thank you for your support.

• I agree and admire how you responded to the posts. For myself, I don't mind at all being called old - I get that 'affectionately' from my daughters all the time!   : )   Especially in relation to my naivety re. online matters such as this!  

• No problem! I'm just cynical about those posts because it mentions dating. Some of us are lonely here and going straight to the dating thing seems a bit of a grift.

• Hi Endymion and indeed Cloudy Mountains Lol.it is good to be cautious ,if it had turned out to be malicious then I would have requested the links or details removed by admin so that it could be seen by others as an example to those less able to spot these sort of things.

All is well I think.

I have been here nearly a year and there have been new members who struggle greatly, some are indeed naive  and maybe mute, so coming here and trying to have conversations can appear random and seem incorrect to us.

I chose to try and put myself in the position of the person and attempt to connect.

I am an older father, so I do get a little protective at times, 

It is nice that those who are maybe older and therefore have had time to learn the intricate ways of life can help others younger, not that I am saying anyone is old of coarse Lol.

take care all. 

X()x

• No, nothing to worry about!

• No, no I don't but I was trying to think of an analogy lol!  Thanks though, I was worried on behalf of someone else but from what you've said I think I was worried about nothing, thankfully!