Chat Bot

Am I right to be concerned about the possibility of Chat Bots on this site?

There are a few concerning posts and, as I don't know much about these things, I'm not sure if I'm worrying over nothing here? Can they cause harm to individuals in any way on this type of chat site? 

If I'm being ridiculous, someone please tell me so! (I will be more relieved than offended.)

Parents Reply Children
  • I remember the posts you mention.

I just couldn't understand who posted them or why???

I've seen similar postings in the past.

Are these chat bots?

Even as an autistic with poor communication skills, I find these posts strange!!!!

• I have to say that I cannot tell the difference myself.

• Thank you Cloudy Mountains, I googled chat bots and it seems they are not malicious,just used to encourage customer experience, I tried to find any examples of bad uses but came up with only ones that didn’t work very well and a few that got confused and locked user functions, 

I hope I was right to take a chance?

It is a reality that some who come here are  first timers in many ways, some have little knowledge of social interaction, some do not understand internet  usage or forum etiquette,it is easy to forget although we are all in some way autistic we are indeed all very much different, in views and abilities.

thank you cloudy Mountains for adding some reassurance to this matter.

• Thank You! Yes, I saw those ones too. What is the point of them? I can't see any harm in 'replying' to one in a Thread but is there a worry if someone were to connect with them outside Threads? 

I suppose what I'm asking is, would it be akin to replying to physical junk mail in that there is no problem unless they start asking for your bank details or something? Can they actually be dangerous in that way?