New friend

I was bored and not happy here

Parents
  • Me! I am looking for a friend.

• Hi @California, 

is right, Please be careful!

I am sure that is a lovely person and I mean no disrespect to her or you but it is a very good idea to chat to each other a little first before Private Messaging, just to see if you have something in common perhaps or find out a little more about each other first.

For all anyone knows, a sudden new user might be a chat bot and not even a real person at all. There have been some strange posts started recently so it's always best to be careful and get to know each other even a tiny bit first.  

Are you there? 

• Me? I am here. Why are you asking?

Thank you very much for the valuable advice.

I am sure that is a lovely person and I mean no disrespect to her or you but it is a very good idea to chat to each other a little first before Private Messaging, just to see if you have something in common perhaps or find out a little more about each other first.

I completely agree with you. It is a very good idea to chat to each other a little first before Private Messaging to see if we have something in common. I like to know someone better before sending private messages.

I do not know much about Rachael. I have not sent any private messages. She was looking for a friend, I replied in that thread and said that I am also looking for a friend. She have not replied.

Then later a received a friend request from Rachael.

I have not accepted the friend request as she can send me a private message without being friend if she wants. I have not received anything from her.

For all anyone knows, a sudden new user might be a chat bot and not even a real person at all. There have been some strange posts started recently so it's always best to be careful and get to know each other even a tiny bit first.

I, definitely, agree that it is necessary to be careful and get to know each other even a tiny bit first but I am not that suspicious if someone is a new user.

I do not know much about chat bots. I even did not know that they exist. This is something new to me.

• Me? I am here. Why are you asking?

Thank you very much for the valuable advice.

I completely agree with you. It is a very good idea to chat to each other a little first before Private Messaging to see if we have something in common. I like to know someone better before sending private messages.

I do not know much about Rachael. I have not sent any private messages. She was looking for a friend, I replied in that thread and said that I am also looking for a friend. She have not replied.

Then later a received a friend request from Rachael.

I have not accepted the friend request as she can send me a private message without being friend if she wants. I have not received anything from her.

I, definitely, agree that it is necessary to be careful and get to know each other even a tiny bit first but I am not that suspicious if someone is a new user.

I do not know much about chat bots. I even did not know that they exist. This is something new to me.

Children
  • Thank You for replying California! I'm glad that everything's okay   : )   

I don't know much about chat bots either and that's why I was worried but after speaking to other people who know more about these things than me, it turns out I was worried about nothing! The online world is all rather new to me and I think I just over-reacted, Sorry!