~ Photography And Pictures ... (And Pictures Disappearing in this Forum?)

Glad Tidings to All. I have two good reasons to begin this Thread:

One is to discuss Photography in general. I myself am told that I am "good at it", yet I would not claim to be "Professional" at it.

I start this Thread a lot for the sake of Posting Pictures and discussing such things, if that is alright...?

My Second reason for beginning this Thread is... Pictures tend to "disappear" after a while upon this Forum...! And so this is attempt at a Thread specifically addressing Pictures Posted Here.

I shall start with at least one... of 'Interesting Cloud Formations Over Where I am' (In London): 

Parents
  • A good idea to post pictures here.  I will not overload this with my pictures, but put one on now and again.  So today I will post this one of today's snow:

• Thank You Trainspotter! For now, I reciprocate thusly:

This Thread was begun to highlight and check and monitor Picture Error Posting... by myself anyway... and I was then, um, humbled, by WEBPM also Posting here (!). 

To your good self... Thanks for the Picture, and I may Post pictures yet am neither Professional nor a Trainspotter (I cannot afford Travel much). Finally, I can try to Post my own "Train" pictures so far, however...

...I was sitting in the station, facing away, and then heard a lot of fuss, and then saw a lot of persons suddenly moving to take pictures of this Train. That is why I did not get the front of it. Yet this is a most Famous Train - Pullman - upon its regular run towards Victoria Station. Maybe one day I may photograph the front of it... yet I do not know which day. And I am not all that focussed about trains, yet have seen others do so, and all of that is quite alright by myself. Fair Play to Yourself and Thanks again.

• Thank You Trainspotter! For now, I reciprocate thusly:

This Thread was begun to highlight and check and monitor Picture Error Posting... by myself anyway... and I was then, um, humbled, by WEBPM also Posting here (!). 

To your good self... Thanks for the Picture, and I may Post pictures yet am neither Professional nor a Trainspotter (I cannot afford Travel much). Finally, I can try to Post my own "Train" pictures so far, however...

...I was sitting in the station, facing away, and then heard a lot of fuss, and then saw a lot of persons suddenly moving to take pictures of this Train. That is why I did not get the front of it. Yet this is a most Famous Train - Pullman - upon its regular run towards Victoria Station. Maybe one day I may photograph the front of it... yet I do not know which day. And I am not all that focussed about trains, yet have seen others do so, and all of that is quite alright by myself. Fair Play to Yourself and Thanks again.

Children
  • I might add that the Great Central Railway have a set of 'Pullman' coaches which they use for special charters and occasional special events, including their Christmas Day Lunch, which may be the only train to run on Christmas Day in Britain!

• Thanks for your Reply and later Pictures. I admit that I know little about "Trains" and only assumed that both were "Pullman" due to the same colour scheme used upon the carriages (White, Burgandy (dark red), and Light-gold). As I said, I did not get the front of the Train, but there are lots of Pullmans which apparently run all over the UK....

About a year ago, once when I was in Clapham North station,  there were a lot of people armed with SLR-Cameras there, and I wondered why... but then the Pullman passed through, and they all went mad, and then they all were very busy upon phones...and then they all left...!

I thought it it interesting, since one of the rules of using the Trains in London is that "Flash Photography is not allowed"... but they allow "mobile phones" to do the same, however...(!) 

• Mine not a Pullman, just normal carriages.  It was taken on the Severn Valley Railway on Sunday (18 March).  I do take a lot more subjects than just railways, so I will try to put other themes on here as well when I post.

• ...comparing the pictures...perhaps both are "Pullman"? Mine was in South London just then...?