I hate funerals

Is it just me and my specific bad personal experiences of funerals.  Or do people dislike funerals in general ?

For me the whole experience leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

From being invited,. By people I haven't met in years.  The two faced comments by neighbors, the social interaction at the funeral and the list goes on and on.

I will write specific details after breakfast.

Parents
  • More details about what I dislike.

I think it's the social side I don't get.  Like when the gossiping in church.  When one of my unusual neighbors passed away.  Other neighbors at the funeral calling him a nutter and saying we never even knew his name.  They just saw him power walking ten times a day.  I kept thinking if that's how they feel, why did they bother even coming to the funeral?

Then the formal reception after the funeral and less formal pub get together.  I hate both.

• More details about what I dislike.

I think it's the social side I don't get.  Like when the gossiping in church.  When one of my unusual neighbors passed away.  Other neighbors at the funeral calling him a nutter and saying we never even knew his name.  They just saw him power walking ten times a day.  I kept thinking if that's how they feel, why did they bother even coming to the funeral?

Then the formal reception after the funeral and less formal pub get together.  I hate both.

Children
  • I’m sorry, I had to giggle at that. Maybe the people who  you wondered why they bothered going might wonder why you bothered given that you hated it so much! Lol! Funerals, like people, can be funny some times. I’m happy people went to his funeral though, that makes me happy and I never even met the guy, but nutter or not, I like him. I’m glad you were a there to give him a little send off.