I hate funerals

Is it just me and my specific bad personal experiences of funerals.  Or do people dislike funerals in general ?

For me the whole experience leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

From being invited,. By people I haven't met in years.  The two faced comments by neighbors, the social interaction at the funeral and the list goes on and on.

I will write specific details after breakfast.

Parents
  • I hate funerals too. I only went to my grandma's and have declined every other invite, including to my grandads in Jan.

I find it incredibly creepy that tradition dictates that we follow a rotting corpse being driven around the streets to the funeral location. The rotting corpse is then placed in a room whilst everyone gathers around it for the ceremony. At my grandma's all I could think about was her rotting flesh. I don't do large gatherings so missed the wake and went to a spinning class instead. Luckily my family take you as you are and don't care if you follow tradition just because most of society does.

• I hate funerals too. I only went to my grandma's and have declined every other invite, including to my grandads in Jan.

I find it incredibly creepy that tradition dictates that we follow a rotting corpse being driven around the streets to the funeral location. The rotting corpse is then placed in a room whilst everyone gathers around it for the ceremony. At my grandma's all I could think about was her rotting flesh. I don't do large gatherings so missed the wake and went to a spinning class instead. Luckily my family take you as you are and don't care if you follow tradition just because most of society does.

Children
No Data