Changing clothes- can anyone identify with this ?

Can anyone identify with this? Clothes: I change my socks and underpants every day and my t shirt and trousers every 3 days. Today I noticed my trousers were marked after 2 days so put them in the washing bin. My t shirt wasn't messy but because I didn't want to get out of sync with changing my tshirt and trousers I put that in the washing bin as well. The idea of getting out of sync with my clothes makes me feel uncomfortable.

Parents
  • Yes. I change my socks, underwear and outer layer (jumper or whatever) every day but only change my under-top (vest top or whatever) and trousers every second or third day. This is with my 'home' clothes which I never wear to town or to any community events but I do wear them out and about in the village.

If there's an unexpected (or forgotten until the last minute) community event and I have to change into my 'deliberately meeting people' clothes, it throws off my schedule and I'm never quite sure whether to save them until tomorrow or to wash them a day early   :/   Sometimes I decide to save them but then they feel too dirty to wear the next day. Other times I decide to wash them but they feel too clean to wash and I start wondering if I'm being OCD again. It just doesn't feel right if my routine is disturbed. 

• Yes. I change my socks, underwear and outer layer (jumper or whatever) every day but only change my under-top (vest top or whatever) and trousers every second or third day. This is with my 'home' clothes which I never wear to town or to any community events but I do wear them out and about in the village.

If there's an unexpected (or forgotten until the last minute) community event and I have to change into my 'deliberately meeting people' clothes, it throws off my schedule and I'm never quite sure whether to save them until tomorrow or to wash them a day early   :/   Sometimes I decide to save them but then they feel too dirty to wear the next day. Other times I decide to wash them but they feel too clean to wash and I start wondering if I'm being OCD again. It just doesn't feel right if my routine is disturbed. 

Children
  • I am frightened about my clothes smelling, so when I have to meet people (most days) I will usually wear completely fresh clothes.

I feel guilty because it is bad for ecology washing clothes too often (especially fleeces). I nowadays have tens of exactly the same tight fitting clothes and only the top layer might be different (so others probably think I always wear the same :-) ).

I sweat a lot with stress and I have no idea what other people can smell or not smell. They are probably less sensitive than I am. But I think my sense of smell is 50% less acute than it was when I was younger, which makes me even less secure about wearing things twice.

I don't wash my winter coat, because you can't wash it without special detergent. I hope that doesn't smell :-) It would be great for people who live alone that there would be someone impartial you could ask this kind of thing :) you please sniff this and tell me if I can wear it.