PROBLEMS WITH THIS (NAS) FORUM - February 2018

I accept that this may be a "Bad" Topic, yet it needs to be highlighted, surely where "NAS" can *not* avoid seeing it, surely...

Current Problems with this Forum:
- Posts Disappear and Reappear at Random.
- Notifications are not always received (apparently).
- Editing Posts - *after* they have been replied to.
- Things such as "Groups" or "BlogPosts" or "Questions"... seem to have no meaning, and so they cannot be applied...?
(Anyone reading, you may currently check your own "Profile" to confirm this. Click upon your own "Achievements", and then upon "List of Possible Achievements".)
- ... There is a great list of "Achievements". Again, many of these have no defined meaning and so are un-achievable. (Linked to "Questions", "BlogPosts", "Ideas", "Status"...?)
- Assigning "Tags" to a New Thread seems to change constantly, and has neither Logical Order nor Meaning.

Here is the "Main" Thread, at which Comments directly to NAS are supposed to be Posted... yet much of it is completely ignored by NAS; It is only responded to by "WebPM", but for whom NAS would not have this "Forum" in the first place, I would wager...
community.autism.org.uk/.../online-community---comments-improvements-and-feedback

Parents
  • Some screen shots of the same thread with and without the missing messages would be helpful. They can be sent by private message. Please identify the thread (by name or URL) and the times at which the shots were taken. This gives us some evidence that we can show to suppliers and/or internal developers. I can't recall actually seeing any instances myself - which, again, is why screen shots help.

Our difficulty with further new threads about forum issues is that they tend to repeat some points. That makes it hard to keep track of the things that need attention, and the degree to which all of you agree over them. I realise, on the other hand, that long threads can become hard to navigate. At the moment, our focus remains on making it easier to identify new messages since your last visit; obviously, being sure that all the messages that should be showing are actually visible is an important part of that.

Regards (and thanks for the New Year wishes!)

• Um... Greetings... I came back due to this message Mr.Webby...

Some screen shots of the same thread with and without the missing messages would be helpful. They can be sent by private message. Please identify the thread (by name or URL) and the times at which the shots were taken. This gives us some evidence that we can show to suppliers and/or internal developers. I can't recall actually seeing any instances myself - which, again, is why screen shots help.

...Thanks again... but... only from myself, I am perhaps not the best at fulfilling such a request insofar as it helping you to identify Errors, Times, Places... I only recently learned how to screenshot, my devices are old. yet most of all... I cannot Private Message!

Also, I am uncertain of raising the sort of "Community Spirit" required for such a request: in short - Not everyone will read this Thread, and do as you ask... yet I shall try to, and shall try to Post what you ask here... yet it IS difficult for me.

...DongFeng, Robert123, LoneWarrior... for example... and DeepThought, SeniorMoment, SpottyTortoise, and   "  .   "  (formerly Nasally-Enhanced)... I cannot recall everyone just now... These persons so far are better at this than I am... *wimper*...

I shall try... and may Post after this some links to Threads which display this behaviour a lot. (Mr Robert123 stated that a lot depends upon how a Thread is "entered". YET - I myself think that this behaviour occurs less upon older Threads than upon newer ones, if that may be helpful to you.)

This reply is long, I know not what else to add, and rely much upon others, now ( ... )... Thank You for your time.

• Thank you. You have drawn my attention to the mistake in my message, because I did not ask about whether this is happening only on phones, on tablets, on desktops, or on all three. Please do mention which of these you were using when the problem occurred. If you can be specific, it may show us that it is happening only on particular devices, for example.

• So it wouldn’t allow the picture you see but allowed the screen captured image prior to hitting Reply, error message again.both are screen captured images btw.

()

• A picture loaded and about to hit Reply!

• After many attempts at adding a picture and each one vanishing I screen captured the above and it actually worked,

the error message generated after failing to upload the picture, I wonder how long before it vanishes?

• Well I replied with a lengthy report on what I have found wrong, I then tried adding a picture which I have posted before on here only for it to all vanish?

getting a bit fed up now.

I will post this and then try a picture post after it.

Hi DC thank you for finding all those threads with missing pictures, 

()

• More Links to Picture-Heavy Threads. And an Error Report.

This is A "Random Topics" Thread, which has a lot of Pictures, Some are there, some have gone:

community.autism.org.uk/.../community-forums-miscellaneous-and-chat-general-chat-random-topics-est-january-11th-2018

...And, I assume that this is the "Pet Photos" Thread to which California refers...? :

community.autism.org.uk/.../

... Message, upon clicking a picture-Icon, and opening it as a New Tab (Example from a User named "Palbus", of a "Patterdale Terrier"):

Unfortunately, the page you've requested no longer exists. Please use the search form above to locate the information you're interested in.

( community.autism.org.uk/.../IMG_5F00_0459.JPG )

...The first (Starter, "Deleted User"'s) Picture I can still see (a Tabby named Daisy), yet the rest are gone. By way of experiment, I tapped upon one of my own pictures in the Random Thread and another in the Aspie Quiz Thread... and after more than One-And-One-Half Hour of waiting for the Pictures to "Load"... they still did not Load. (!)

• I also have noticed missing photos in the past few months.  

But unfortunately cannot find a post this minute that has a missing image.

In place of the photo there is an image indicator.  I once pressed and held that indicator and the original photo reappeared.

• I have also noticed missing photos. Photos in the Pet Photos thread are missing.

• To Mr.Webster...

I have written a number of other things below, which you may peruse at your leisure. To yourself, that you ask such things, is quite frankly a thing deserving of a great astonishment. I suggest that you do not "Log On" as yourself, yet rather investigate what is happening to others (Users, Visitors) as we must do, as with less authority than your good self.

When Pictures Disappear, they sometimes leave a little Icon... that is all I can say.

I also said that it is likely that not many shall read this Thread and so I cannot do much about that. In any case... It is getting late now, and so I can think of not much more to write apart from Good Fortune to you... and to this Forum!

• Greetings, this is me, fast, are you still online, someone "liked" you yet I was busy with my reply below, and so that was not me - just then!

• Thank you DC, all ok now.

The people who run this valuable forum can be very elusive,

they sneak in do things and creep back out again. 

They could easily have deleted the link and information relating to the request but added a reason as to why it was removed,

As you say! Had I not replied on here directly to you then you would not have been aware of my mistake,

Pictures do vanish, not all but some, whole posts vanish then at times reappear, 

I wonder if this forum has a formal diagnosis of Disorder or wether it just seems like a Disorderly forum?

()

• To Mr. LoneWarrior...

Thank You for your Post here, for more reasons than just one:

- No Apology needed, yet it is reciprocated as well as humbly accepted, LoneWarrior-Sir... I myself am only the sort of person who is kind of "always on edge" - see my UserName(!) - and so your "Angry Rant!" worried me... yet I am now very glad to see this, and that you are quite alright after all of that...?

Upon the subject, I think that your Post raised a lot of good points, if I later understood it correctly: Masking, Pretending to be NT, Coping, and then being used to Informal Diagnosis "preventing" Formal Diagnosis...? ...And then, the business of being aged over 40 (I am 46)... All of those are good points... Yet I myself shy away from such discussions most of the time, because of "Society" and lack of Power/Influence. (The same as with discussions concerning Wars, Poverty, and Starvation...) (New Threads, *not here, Please*, to anyone else reading...!?)

Finally...
    THAT OTHER THREAD HAS BEEN DELETED, UTTERLY.
    ...Mr LoneWarrior, Many times, this "deleting" occurs with no warning! I am glad of your Post here, and but for it, oneself might be driven a step closer towards madness! Had you not written this, I would not have known what had happened to that other Thread...! And, surely I cannot be alone in wondering that...?

(NAS should create a "NoticeBoard" Area, perhaps... as well as the "To Bottom/Top" Buttons which I ask for...)

This Post is long enough, now, & so, well, I must end it for the sake of doing a thing to an end I myself can best manage at the time... y'know. (!) Good Fortune and Glad Tidings to yourself, of course.

• Apologies as I don’t know how to put a link to an individual thread, but pictures often vanish, There was a thread which contained an aspie quiz, people posted pictures of their results only for them to suddenly vanish? There are no pictures left now!

my original reply was to high light this and aske that members actually write the gigures down as without the image it didn’t make any sense, 

my reply!

Lonewarrior 4 months ago in reply to Jonesy
    Well my pretty patterned score has vanished?

So

Neurodiverse=186.

neurotypical=34.

second time trying with my partner checking was.

Neurodiverse=187.

Neurotypical=41.

might be worth typing the actual result numbers if our pretty pictures are deleted, doesn’t make much sense otherwise.

Finding these fascinating by the way,yes I know it isn’t a clinical test and can with thought be manipulated by if true honesty is applied then truth will out.

I wasn’t shocked really as I have been researching aspie traits and had a bit of a shock,not overly happy but then again it really is me so who am I to complain.

As one forum for partners living or dating an aspie man says on it’s main page “ run,run fast and don’t look back”. That comment hurt me very much even before I thought I was aspie.even more now.

————————————————————-

As a side note can I say thank you for deleting the entire thread asking members if they would like to take part in a survey. It had no permission from the NAS,

But I need to apologise to Disallowed Cynosure as my reply was not to her, I meant my rant to be aimed at the original person who had requested the information.

sorry DC please accept my apology.

()

• Hi

Regarding pictures disappearing, I'm not sure what you mean. This is not intended to happen. I've just checked a picture in an old thread, and it's still there. Could you explain what is happening?

Also regarding sounds, could you perhaps give an example somewhere else of what you'd like to happen? If you mean sounds playing automatically, that would happen whenever the thread was loaded, so it could be quite annoying. If we consider videos, for example, mobile devices now stop those playing automatically, and insist that the user must start them - which is what happens with sounds if you click on a link. Or is it simply that you don't have an alternative place to upload the sounds, so you can't make a link? We could allow it, but we'd have to be sure that it would be useful to everyone and that we wouldn't get people registering to abuse it - the content of sound files is more difficult for our moderators to check than is text.

Regards

• I've asked other users of this software if they have seen anything similar to this. Unfortunately it's difficult to investigate something unless we can work out how to make it happen.

Greetings. Sorry to bother you Mr.Webster, I am just Posting this in attempt to bring this Thread back to the 'fore, as it were....

I did say that insufficient people may read the original request of yours, and that I myself cannot muster the "Community Spirit" which is perhaps needed...

Here is a change of subject which may do so, however: Is it possible/allowed to Post SOUNDS in this Forum? Not via Links, but as mp3, mp4, m4a (ringtones), or something? The specifications for PICTURES are <> jpeg, under 1 MegaByte... yet what might it be for Sounds...?

Also... is there a way to re-see Pictures after they disappear? Please and Thank You Very Much for Posting thus far and at all!

• Hi Web

I've had this happen as well, but intermittently and on different threads. I would say that is appears to be an issue with the ways things load more than anything else. For instance if I click on the thread from the main community section and scroll down it, loading as it goes it doesn't misbehave, however if I click from the recent posts section below, or from the new post notification it's more likely to occur. 

This would seem to be an issue with the way the forum loads posts sometimes on scrolling and others requires you to click "load next" or "load previous". It would appear that the site is expecting you to clock the "load next" option, but isn't displaying it as it's set itself up to load as you scroll. I've only ever had it occur when clicking directly to a post on a thread, rather than clicking onto the thread and scrolling.

For reference I've experienced this behaviour on a Windows laptop and desktop (Chrome currently Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit) on both), and on a Galaxy S8+, and Galaxy Tab S3 (Chrome V 64.0.3282.137).

• Even without the screenshots, it would be useful to know what ereader/tablet you have.

I've asked other users of this software if they have seen anything similar to this. Unfortunately it's difficult to investigate something unless we can work out how to make it happen.

• Even without the screenshots, it would be useful to know what ereader/tablet you have.

I've asked other users of this software if they have seen anything similar to this. Unfortunately it's difficult to investigate something unless we can work out how to make it happen.

Children
  • So it wouldn’t allow the picture you see but allowed the screen captured image prior to hitting Reply, error message again.both are screen captured images btw.

()

• A picture loaded and about to hit Reply!

• After many attempts at adding a picture and each one vanishing I screen captured the above and it actually worked,

the error message generated after failing to upload the picture, I wonder how long before it vanishes?

• Well I replied with a lengthy report on what I have found wrong, I then tried adding a picture which I have posted before on here only for it to all vanish?

getting a bit fed up now.

I will post this and then try a picture post after it.

Hi DC thank you for finding all those threads with missing pictures, 

()

• More Links to Picture-Heavy Threads. And an Error Report.

This is A "Random Topics" Thread, which has a lot of Pictures, Some are there, some have gone:

community.autism.org.uk/.../community-forums-miscellaneous-and-chat-general-chat-random-topics-est-january-11th-2018

...And, I assume that this is the "Pet Photos" Thread to which California refers...? :

community.autism.org.uk/.../

... Message, upon clicking a picture-Icon, and opening it as a New Tab (Example from a User named "Palbus", of a "Patterdale Terrier"):

Unfortunately, the page you've requested no longer exists. Please use the search form above to locate the information you're interested in.

( community.autism.org.uk/.../IMG_5F00_0459.JPG )

...The first (Starter, "Deleted User"'s) Picture I can still see (a Tabby named Daisy), yet the rest are gone. By way of experiment, I tapped upon one of my own pictures in the Random Thread and another in the Aspie Quiz Thread... and after more than One-And-One-Half Hour of waiting for the Pictures to "Load"... they still did not Load. (!)

• I also have noticed missing photos in the past few months.  

But unfortunately cannot find a post this minute that has a missing image.

In place of the photo there is an image indicator.  I once pressed and held that indicator and the original photo reappeared.

• I have also noticed missing photos. Photos in the Pet Photos thread are missing.

• To Mr.Webster...

I have written a number of other things below, which you may peruse at your leisure. To yourself, that you ask such things, is quite frankly a thing deserving of a great astonishment. I suggest that you do not "Log On" as yourself, yet rather investigate what is happening to others (Users, Visitors) as we must do, as with less authority than your good self.

When Pictures Disappear, they sometimes leave a little Icon... that is all I can say.

I also said that it is likely that not many shall read this Thread and so I cannot do much about that. In any case... It is getting late now, and so I can think of not much more to write apart from Good Fortune to you... and to this Forum!

• Greetings, this is me, fast, are you still online, someone "liked" you yet I was busy with my reply below, and so that was not me - just then!

• Thank you DC, all ok now.

The people who run this valuable forum can be very elusive,

they sneak in do things and creep back out again. 

They could easily have deleted the link and information relating to the request but added a reason as to why it was removed,

As you say! Had I not replied on here directly to you then you would not have been aware of my mistake,

Pictures do vanish, not all but some, whole posts vanish then at times reappear, 

I wonder if this forum has a formal diagnosis of Disorder or wether it just seems like a Disorderly forum?

()

• To Mr. LoneWarrior...

Thank You for your Post here, for more reasons than just one:

- No Apology needed, yet it is reciprocated as well as humbly accepted, LoneWarrior-Sir... I myself am only the sort of person who is kind of "always on edge" - see my UserName(!) - and so your "Angry Rant!" worried me... yet I am now very glad to see this, and that you are quite alright after all of that...?

Upon the subject, I think that your Post raised a lot of good points, if I later understood it correctly: Masking, Pretending to be NT, Coping, and then being used to Informal Diagnosis "preventing" Formal Diagnosis...? ...And then, the business of being aged over 40 (I am 46)... All of those are good points... Yet I myself shy away from such discussions most of the time, because of "Society" and lack of Power/Influence. (The same as with discussions concerning Wars, Poverty, and Starvation...) (New Threads, *not here, Please*, to anyone else reading...!?)

Finally...
    THAT OTHER THREAD HAS BEEN DELETED, UTTERLY.
    ...Mr LoneWarrior, Many times, this "deleting" occurs with no warning! I am glad of your Post here, and but for it, oneself might be driven a step closer towards madness! Had you not written this, I would not have known what had happened to that other Thread...! And, surely I cannot be alone in wondering that...?

(NAS should create a "NoticeBoard" Area, perhaps... as well as the "To Bottom/Top" Buttons which I ask for...)

This Post is long enough, now, & so, well, I must end it for the sake of doing a thing to an end I myself can best manage at the time... y'know. (!) Good Fortune and Glad Tidings to yourself, of course.

• Apologies as I don’t know how to put a link to an individual thread, but pictures often vanish, There was a thread which contained an aspie quiz, people posted pictures of their results only for them to suddenly vanish? There are no pictures left now!

my original reply was to high light this and aske that members actually write the gigures down as without the image it didn’t make any sense, 

my reply!

Lonewarrior 4 months ago in reply to Jonesy
    Well my pretty patterned score has vanished?

So

Neurodiverse=186.

neurotypical=34.

second time trying with my partner checking was.

Neurodiverse=187.

Neurotypical=41.

might be worth typing the actual result numbers if our pretty pictures are deleted, doesn’t make much sense otherwise.

Finding these fascinating by the way,yes I know it isn’t a clinical test and can with thought be manipulated by if true honesty is applied then truth will out.

I wasn’t shocked really as I have been researching aspie traits and had a bit of a shock,not overly happy but then again it really is me so who am I to complain.

As one forum for partners living or dating an aspie man says on it’s main page “ run,run fast and don’t look back”. That comment hurt me very much even before I thought I was aspie.even more now.

————————————————————-

As a side note can I say thank you for deleting the entire thread asking members if they would like to take part in a survey. It had no permission from the NAS,

But I need to apologise to Disallowed Cynosure as my reply was not to her, I meant my rant to be aimed at the original person who had requested the information.

sorry DC please accept my apology.

()

• Hi

Regarding pictures disappearing, I'm not sure what you mean. This is not intended to happen. I've just checked a picture in an old thread, and it's still there. Could you explain what is happening?

Also regarding sounds, could you perhaps give an example somewhere else of what you'd like to happen? If you mean sounds playing automatically, that would happen whenever the thread was loaded, so it could be quite annoying. If we consider videos, for example, mobile devices now stop those playing automatically, and insist that the user must start them - which is what happens with sounds if you click on a link. Or is it simply that you don't have an alternative place to upload the sounds, so you can't make a link? We could allow it, but we'd have to be sure that it would be useful to everyone and that we wouldn't get people registering to abuse it - the content of sound files is more difficult for our moderators to check than is text.

Regards

• I've asked other users of this software if they have seen anything similar to this. Unfortunately it's difficult to investigate something unless we can work out how to make it happen.

Greetings. Sorry to bother you Mr.Webster, I am just Posting this in attempt to bring this Thread back to the 'fore, as it were....

I did say that insufficient people may read the original request of yours, and that I myself cannot muster the "Community Spirit" which is perhaps needed...

Here is a change of subject which may do so, however: Is it possible/allowed to Post SOUNDS in this Forum? Not via Links, but as mp3, mp4, m4a (ringtones), or something? The specifications for PICTURES are <> jpeg, under 1 MegaByte... yet what might it be for Sounds...?

Also... is there a way to re-see Pictures after they disappear? Please and Thank You Very Much for Posting thus far and at all!

• Hi Web

I've had this happen as well, but intermittently and on different threads. I would say that is appears to be an issue with the ways things load more than anything else. For instance if I click on the thread from the main community section and scroll down it, loading as it goes it doesn't misbehave, however if I click from the recent posts section below, or from the new post notification it's more likely to occur. 

This would seem to be an issue with the way the forum loads posts sometimes on scrolling and others requires you to click "load next" or "load previous". It would appear that the site is expecting you to clock the "load next" option, but isn't displaying it as it's set itself up to load as you scroll. I've only ever had it occur when clicking directly to a post on a thread, rather than clicking onto the thread and scrolling.

For reference I've experienced this behaviour on a Windows laptop and desktop (Chrome currently Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit) on both), and on a Galaxy S8+, and Galaxy Tab S3 (Chrome V 64.0.3282.137).