What happened?

This website was down for over a day.

I began to get withdrawal symptoms and registered with another autism chat forum/site.  I think it is an American oneGrinning

Parents
  • Regarding the site being down last week, what I hope is a final post, and apologies again for the problems. As I mentioned, we were expecting that different forum users would regain access at different times. That should have happened mostly by Saturday, so I've been watching for posts here from people who still had problems.

If you're still finding, for example, that since last Thursday you can access on a desktop but not via your mobile (or the other way around for that matter), please do post to say so, as that would help us to assess any remaining impact.

Unfortunately, however, it is still beyond our control to fix the issue for individuals. It was, as I said previously, a wider issue that affected our services, rather than a problem in our services as such. What's more, the way that the Internet works in this area is that the fix is made available, but we have to wait for your various service providers and so on to take it up and make it available to you. That's something that their systems are designed to do automatically, but they will do it at different times. For those who are interested in these things, there was a DNS issue affecting autism.org.uk and (we assume) domains belonging to an unknown number of other organisations. The fix was applied on Thursday, but then had to propagate.

We are aware of the spam issues, but those are outside the main topic of this thread. For that reason, and to make it easier for others to find the thread, we'll make any comment on the main thread on the topic.

Regards

• Greetings to all who may read. Believe it or not, this is the Thread for asking about "What Happened?" whenever the entire NAS Forum "goes down"... (!)

Thank You NAS for stating that upon the Homepage, and Thanks California and Cassandro for mentioning it upon the "CopyBot" Thread... but for others talking about it, I would think it to be my own (old) devices again.

NAS says:

We are sorry for the service interruption on the weekend of 10 June.

...I saw a page saying: "Error 503. Service unavailable." (It makes a change from the Errors 401 to 404 that I usually get....(...)

NAS, if you may, please leave that message up for a good couple of days, since a lot of people do not check this Forum daily. Good Fortune to All in anycase.

• Hi DC I also saw 

the error 503 screen, while  it was down I received “two email notifications”?

I haven’t had any for months now despite continually asking why.

niether had anything to do with the shut down, one was a random part of a PM conversation and the second a response on a post I had clicked on for notifications, also now none of the posts I requested notifications on are responding now.

I only go off topic as I am wondering was the shut down unplanned or was it to change or maintain this site?

in which case my ramblings may be relevant?

I shall request email notification of this to find out if it now works.

take care and so glad it is back up and running. 

X()x

• Hi DC I also saw 

the error 503 screen, while  it was down I received “two email notifications”?

I haven’t had any for months now despite continually asking why.

niether had anything to do with the shut down, one was a random part of a PM conversation and the second a response on a post I had clicked on for notifications, also now none of the posts I requested notifications on are responding now.

I only go off topic as I am wondering was the shut down unplanned or was it to change or maintain this site?

in which case my ramblings may be relevant?

I shall request email notification of this to find out if it now works.

take care and so glad it is back up and running. 

X()x

Children
  • Just checked,,nothing new,,thank you. Glad you now have them.

I am sorry to read this.

The e-mail notifications is the only way how I can follow here the new posts. Without the e-mail notifications I would not be able to follow the new posts here.

So, the e-mail notification are crucial to me.

• Um...Greetings, to you both. As you may have seen, I just signed on, and was about to join California in replying, but then you both found this out on your own...

I can send but cannot recieve. I was going to say that this is best done upon the "E-Mail/ Notifications" Thread, but, well, this is here, now... and still nothing doing for either of you? It would be nice if WebPM said something again.

I suppose I just posted to say "Best Wishes", or something...

:-/    ...?  

• Just checked,,nothing new,,thank you. Glad you now have them. 

• I thought it to good to be true,,begs the question why I got two when WebPM said it must be my provider not the NAS, surely my provider would block those two as well?

I received an e-mail notification for your post on Tue 12/06/2018 22:21.

• No new email notifications at all!

thank you California for replying, alas my hopes are not realised after all.

I thought it to good to be true,,begs the question why I got two when WebPM said it must be my provider not the NAS, surely my provider would block those two as well?

take care ,

• I shall request email notification of this to find out if it now works.

I am now replying to this so you can find out if it now works.