Difficulty recognising people

Hi, I have always had problems recognising people out of context, even if I know them quite well, and I was wondering if anyone has any advice which could help me. I can usually recognise an acquaintance if they're dressed differently but in the same place I am used to seeing them in (e.g. work) or sometimes if they're dressed the same as when I last saw them but in a different location. I have to know someone really well before I can identify them anywhere. Of course, some people have been too much offended by me not knowing them already to ever get to the "knowing well" stage. Sorry to ramble on, but hope someone can help because this is one of my most frequent social faux pas.

Parents
  • Hello this is my first post here.

Faceblind is a term i am familiar with and I know no one.

Makes social situations impossible everyone thinks I am a great snob.

I just do not recognise anyone.

Terrible when I had a boyfriend who was a soldier I had to dump him I could not tell him from the others when he was in uniform. Out of uniform was difficult unless he said hello first :(

I was told it is high in people who got glasses late and had a weak eye. The brain does not develop facial recognition, interesting to see it mentioned here.

There is a film a lot of faceblind people can not understand the plot line too.

Watch The Departed (not a ghost film)  No one give away any of the plot or google it before watching.

I  see a link for a test I will do tomorrow when I am more awake.

I am in my mid 50s I know I am faceblind to a degree it is a horrible thing.

I once lived in a rough neighbourhood and could not say hello to anyone as one group of boys were the type to cause trouble and I could not tell them apart from he helpful boys so i walked passed them all and no one like me for being a snob or never saying thank you to people the next day after they helped me - i did not  dare in case I spoke to the wrong boys 

• Hello this is my first post here.

Faceblind is a term i am familiar with and I know no one.

Makes social situations impossible everyone thinks I am a great snob.

I just do not recognise anyone.

Terrible when I had a boyfriend who was a soldier I had to dump him I could not tell him from the others when he was in uniform. Out of uniform was difficult unless he said hello first :(

I was told it is high in people who got glasses late and had a weak eye. The brain does not develop facial recognition, interesting to see it mentioned here.

There is a film a lot of faceblind people can not understand the plot line too.

Watch The Departed (not a ghost film)  No one give away any of the plot or google it before watching.

I  see a link for a test I will do tomorrow when I am more awake.

I am in my mid 50s I know I am faceblind to a degree it is a horrible thing.

I once lived in a rough neighbourhood and could not say hello to anyone as one group of boys were the type to cause trouble and I could not tell them apart from he helpful boys so i walked passed them all and no one like me for being a snob or never saying thank you to people the next day after they helped me - i did not  dare in case I spoke to the wrong boys 

Children
  • Hello NAS35859 just wanted to say hi and welcome aboard, you will find we are a nice bunch of people here, there are some amazing characters who help others so very much, anyway just wanted to say welcome and enjoy yourself here,

oh and as is my way,please feel free to accept or deny a friendly aspie virtual hug. (). On the house Lol.