Did my line manager try to embarrass me in front of others by purpose?

So as a male with aspergers, I went to a work meal for once to try to "fit in" with people, it didn't work out that well in my opinion anyway... But yeah so we had our meals then the desert was the last one, then one of the colleagues (she is female a lot older than me) asked if she could have my cherries (I don't like cherries anyway so I said yes and offered them) While I was giving them to her my manager said "that's it, give her your cherries" then the other girls next to me laughed really badly and so did my manager after he saw them laugh and the other lady who I offered the cherries to but she did give my line manager a evil stare at first before she laughed, after that the others laughed at the other jokes as well what was said without me or my line manager getting involved. But is that a friendly joke what my line manager did or not? Is it rude? Targeted at me. I really hate these situations and that is why I didn't go to any of these meals the past few years because I knew it would make me feel like this annoyed, anxious depressed etc, or is it my social difficulties and I misunderstood the social stuff etc? I don't even know/get why it was funny. (My line manager is quite nice though well apart from the light teasing which I do not like so I'm never sure if he's being nice to me or not which is really frustrating as well)

Parents
  • The cherry in it's various guises is an idiom. My advice is to study, either a book or online the various idioms in common use so that you can better understand the humour NTs use.

• But you can always only do that afterwards, isn't it? Can someone explain the cherry thing, if anyone gets it, in case there is something to get? 

I don't drink and often find when others do (which is the normal situation at get-togethers) then anything seems to become funny, there's nothing to understand even.

• Ok so I know they were probably all having a laugh,but it was not funny if you don’t know what it meant, basically they were drawing attention to Your innocence,which I think is a good thing to be as it shows you are a caring and considerate person who has not yet learnt all the ways of life.

As you are quite young compared to the lady who it was aimed at it is a typical joke thing to say in some circles. (Still not nice)

They were joking,but the joke was typical of adult banter when things approach subjects that are personal in nature.especially if alcohol is being drunk!

They probably use such phrases all the time so to them it doesn’t appear serious or really bad.

So it is a term used when a male or female  first have their first ever physical relationship. It was first used for females but is now used for males as well.A sexual experience!

so to give someone your cherry should mean,that you have known the person for a long time and get to know them very well, if over time you get a feeling you could share your life with them and it feels like love and you have total trust and the feelings work both ways. It is a very intimate thing to give your body in trust for another to explore and share. 

If you are both very sure that each want the same thing then a deep coming together of two beings may happen.

It isn’t something to rush into! It can be a difficult time, one or both may find it difficult to know what is expected or what they should do.In fact it doesn’t always finish as expected which can leave you or your partner feeling worried or hurt.

I hope you can feel that although they were laughing it was a small thing to say.wrong but in their world it isn’t so serious, so I like to think they were just joking and not trying to really hurt you.more embarrass you. Make you blush.go red in the face.

A lot of people seem to have little respect for others and it just gets worse as Society goes on.

Take care and try not to let it worry you.

• Learned something too today then :)

Reply Children
No Data