Post-diagnosis grief

Grief is linked to death. If you’re diagnosed as autistic late in life, you’re saying goodbye to who you’ve been for many years…and that opens up a big box of feelings that take a long time – potentially years – to process. 

How have you coped with your late autism diagnosis/realisation? I've made a video (in the usual place) about my own late diagnosis feelings.

Parents
  • You know that clechie where people say 'I've always known'. well that was me. The diagnosis merely confirmed what I already knew. I knew I was difrent as a child. In my 20 autism just gave me a name for it. Later in life when I got the diagnosis frankly I would have been more suprised if they hadn't diagnosed me. You can't grive for the normality you never felt you had. ... But then normality sucks so who cares.

• You know that clechie where people say 'I've always known'. well that was me. The diagnosis merely confirmed what I already knew. I knew I was difrent as a child. In my 20 autism just gave me a name for it. Later in life when I got the diagnosis frankly I would have been more suprised if they hadn't diagnosed me. You can't grive for the normality you never felt you had. ... But then normality sucks so who cares.

Children
No Data