help!

hey, I need to go into a store to return a pair of pj's that are too small, I don't normally do this sort of thing myself as it is too stressful, I normally get my parents to do it for me, however both of my parents are working today and the window to return them expires tomorrow. I have no idea what to say or do, how long it will take or anything! if someone could please provide like a general script, giving me an idea of where/who I need to go to, what I need to say, the kind of stuff the shop person might say, and roughly how long this is interaction is likely to take, I would really really appreciate it! I have set it in my mind I will be going down to Home Bargains to return the pj's at about 11:45am today (London Time), but it's causing me so much anxiety! Please Help! 

Parents
  • This sounds tough.

Make sure that you have the receipt.

If you bought by card, make sure that you have that card.

Go to any counter or till and say that you would like to return these pajamas (they may direct you to another counter or may do it there.)

(If you are comfortable saying this, say that you are autistic and need help returning them.)

If they ask why (possible), just say that they are too small.

Hopefully it won't take too long.

===

I saw your profile - I love dogs too.

Also there is someone on here who is dying to talk about Harry Potter (though they are away for several days, and I do not know if they plan to be online during their holiday)

https://community.autism.org.uk/f/adults-on-the-autistic-spectrum/38920/harry-potter

• omg thank you, this really helped coz i was able to sort of plan it in my head, i wore my sunflower lanyard with my "I have autism please be patient" pin-badge on it, so i didn't have to say that i'm autistic, but the person at the till was really nice! thanks for the reply! 

Reply Children