Covid Lockdown

Hi,

I was wondering what people's experiences were during lockdown and whether this affected autistic individuals more so the neurotypical peers?

Thanks Slight smile

Parents
  • I enjoyed the COVID years very much as the crowds vanished. the islands were again paradisaical and the animals came out again. The beaches and jungle were pristine. the people were nice and calm with each other as it was all locals. We were all stuck in this no-fly in or out paradise. Only the barges and the supply flights were running.

I got a lot of writing done and really loved toe peace and quiet!

at one point they let us fly out and spent 3 weeks in San Francisco where it was also very quiet and every one very friendly and nice to each other. thye sealed the islands off again after I returned.

• Living alone in the U.K. and being seperated from family in Ireland, as previously mentioned, even though I have done so for a long time, made me realise how much that I needed my family, especially in a time of crisis like Covid, even though it turned out that they were in total denial about what was really going on, I still kept the lines of communication and dialogue open for them - aside from doing an online course and connecting with people online far more than in real life, where I’ve always had many friends around the world down the years, helped by the peace and quiet, enabled me to have really deep and meaningful conversations with my online friends, to really think carefully and to take stock of the direction in which our world was going, which also gave way to much self-reflection and informed my spiritual and prayer life 

• Living alone in the U.K. and being seperated from family in Ireland, as previously mentioned, even though I have done so for a long time, made me realise how much that I needed my family, especially in a time of crisis like Covid, even though it turned out that they were in total denial about what was really going on, I still kept the lines of communication and dialogue open for them - aside from doing an online course and connecting with people online far more than in real life, where I’ve always had many friends around the world down the years, helped by the peace and quiet, enabled me to have really deep and meaningful conversations with my online friends, to really think carefully and to take stock of the direction in which our world was going, which also gave way to much self-reflection and informed my spiritual and prayer life 

Children
No Data