Covid Lockdown

Hi,

I was wondering what people's experiences were during lockdown and whether this affected autistic individuals more so the neurotypical peers?

Thanks Slight smile

Parents
  • I loved it, all the things I found hard were made illegal and people had to break the law to get within 2 meters of me.

But... I always want to be social but struggle with it at times, senses being overloaded can feel awful. Sometimes a push into a social situation is hard but afterwards I feel exhausted but have enjoyed it a little. Since lockdown I found it's been harder to push to do socials as I've seen that other life where I don't have to.

So my view on lockdown, it was good but has caused some issues since.

• I loved it, all the things I found hard were made illegal and people had to break the law to get within 2 meters of me.

But... I always want to be social but struggle with it at times, senses being overloaded can feel awful. Sometimes a push into a social situation is hard but afterwards I feel exhausted but have enjoyed it a little. Since lockdown I found it's been harder to push to do socials as I've seen that other life where I don't have to.

So my view on lockdown, it was good but has caused some issues since.

Children
  • That is interesting. I have found things I didn't have to do a lot harder since it was allowed again. I went from finding work getting harder before the pandemic to now I regularly work from home having to go into the office a huge challenge.