Night Owls thread

This a thread for a people who are still awake at night and feeling lonely.  You can chat here.

• I get where you are coming from and someone's music taste is an interesting thing.  Sometimes bleak music can console you and make you feel less alone.  

I'm not listening to anything at the moment.

• I'm currently listening to Holiday by America: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4-oCE2y-CrE18IkWX9jdulS8qEk7Y3rP

There's a song in there about loneliness.

• bleak night owl

Morning. 

If I spot that I am in bleak mode; I find I need to be thoughtful / careful about my music selections for a while. 

I keep a short-ish playlist of suitable "safe" music track choices to play on a loop until my mood lifts a bit.

I think my music choices for that particular playlist are a bit more eclectic than my usual taste, but hey, if it can nudge me out of stall or bleak mode - so be it.  I give it a try.

In bleak / stall mode; I don't aim for traditionally gleeful / uplifting material (too saccharin for me). 

I go for tracks drawn from a mix of genres and cultures - which have lyrics, themes, associations or musical styles which I find more life determined or that I find infectious in their enthusiasm of musical beat or artist's performance style.  I don't look for comedy content - but if it can associate a smile of recognition - that track can stay on the playlist.

Such material will, by it's nature and objectives, be a highly personal selection - so it doesn't really make sense to share notes on the anti-stall playlist I choose to deploy.

Hoping you might have access to some music choices of your own that are more likely, than not, to aid surfacing from very bleak night owl status.

• A very bleak night owl tonight.  I feel that my feathers will fall out soon.

• As a music fan, I just play music to drown out the noise of others.

• that is hard to take. The party's over by now? Do you have NC tech? I have Bose over ear. and ear putty.

Let's hope it was a one off party.

• Johnny Marr solo was the last gig I attended.  Many moons ago.  A beautiful player.  Subtle.

• I think you'll find that's - Moh hoh hoh hoh riss eehh heeehhhh.

What do you think to Johnny Marr? He's the sound of The Smiths. More than Morrissey. I mean as solo artists.

THE INTRO TO HOW SOON IS NOW 

• That's apt for Morrissey.

• sorry I deleted previous reply.

I listened to the Stones and Bobby Gentry today.

I saw the Manics and Morrissey in the early noughties.

I cannot remember if they were good or not it was a long time ago! I remember it being very rainy when I saw Morrissey.

• I have noisy neighbours. They were having a Garden Party today.  I managed to drown out their noise for most of the day.

As well as Autism I have some pretty intense Social Anxiety so I mainly stay at home.

I've been watching Sport, listening to music and posting online.

• I listened to Everything Must Go by Manic Street Preachers (Album)

I listened to that twice.

Then i listened to Bona Drag by Morrissey.

How about you?

• What music have you been listening to today?

• How is your weekend going?

I started the day with a neighbour complaining about a leak in the bathroom in the flat beside the one I was working on - got an emergency plumber in to check it and it is an issue on their pipes (the other side of a 3 foot concrete wall to ours) and when they shut their stopcock off it stops.

It is possible the vibration from all the demolition on our side has shaken their pipes and caused a leak but who should pay for ripping the walls open to repair the pipe and make them good again?

Luckily I am not the owner and their insurance are getting involved but it is a tricky one. We didn't touch it but if it was indirect do we have some responsibility? I'm waiting to hear back.

Then I went to see another flat I am thinking of buying - nearly 2,000 sq ft so a big one and lots of potential but a heck of a lot of work for the profit in it. Its a shame as I wouldn't mind it as a base (store rooms, several bathrooms, a massive bedroom and a living room / kitchen that is easily 20 yards long. Oh and the root would belong to us to turn into a sun terrace if we wanted (these concrete construction buildings are mostly flat roofs).

One other neighbour (he owns both flats in the building) who is moving into the other flat as he just refurbished it and is selling the un-renovated one to pay for everything.

All for the price of a top of the range Tesla. So cheap here.

• Checking in. I should be awake for a good few hours yet.

• nite nite now

I'll be up for a few hours still - shopping online for power tools is takes a lot of time to get the right product available in this country with a decent warranty anda reliable seller.

I'll be a few £k lighter by the end of the evening but with lots of new ways to loose fingers and/or eyes.

It is an odd thing that males tend to have with power tools - I wonder if it is some sort of phallic symbolism for us. I actually need them for demolishing walls, cutting hundreds of parquets flooring blocks and planing doors to fit in door frames.

Well that is my excuse anyway.

•  I'm off. tucking you in.. there there..

nite nite now.

• perhaps it is the reason I have always found the partnership thing hard. My priorities has always been to my work.

I love the image of your space you 'painted' . thanks. I miss my studio! I would lov to replicate it and live in t again.