This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Delete thread

Hi could moderators please remove this thread please. I have received much good advice thank you but would like it removed if possible 

Thank you

[Moderator note: It generally is our policy not to delete whole threads as it deletes all the replies from other users as well, but I have locked the thread now so there can be no new responses - Ross - mod]

Parents
  • I think that a 33 year old man who is still blaming his parents for how his life turned out is a little pathetic. The attempts at controlling your mother's behaviour and reactions point to a possible narcissistic element to your brother's personality. Being autistic is seldom a reasonable excuse for just being unpleasant. If your brother were serious about improving his relations with your mother, then both of them really need to have counselling together. Try suggesting this to him, if he does not want to know, then he has no real interest in his family relationships and is just on a 'blame game' trip.

• Thank you very much for responding. I do agree that joint counselling is probably a good idea and I will try to suggest it to him but I don't know if he will be open to it as at the moment he is very much of the opinion that my mum is to blame for everything

Thank you again for your advice, I appreciate it

• Thank you very much for responding. I do agree that joint counselling is probably a good idea and I will try to suggest it to him but I don't know if he will be open to it as at the moment he is very much of the opinion that my mum is to blame for everything

Thank you again for your advice, I appreciate it

Children
No Data