Failure

Substandard educational qualifications (partly to blame = not getting over the bullying related trauma)

Never had a paid job.

No friends IRL

Manage badly without support

Parents
  • Hello and wellcome.

You are not a failure. I too suffer with bullying even now as an adult but I had  therapy for PTSD and maybe this would be useful for you? 70% of autistic adults do not get the support they need so you are sadly, not alone. Work is not the be all end all so why not try volunteering in something that interests you? 

• I did try volunteering a long time ago,when first ill. I managed to cope for a week. It was helping out with the hospital library. Going round the wards. I got really stressed because of the social anxiety and not knowing how to approach people and start talking to them.

Nowadays I have mobility difficulties. I've not been out on my own since the falls I had.  Although I've not done voluntary work, I do try and be helpful via participation in the World community grid. Something I've done since 2005.

• I did try volunteering a long time ago,when first ill. I managed to cope for a week. It was helping out with the hospital library. Going round the wards. I got really stressed because of the social anxiety and not knowing how to approach people and start talking to them.

Nowadays I have mobility difficulties. I've not been out on my own since the falls I had.  Although I've not done voluntary work, I do try and be helpful via participation in the World community grid. Something I've done since 2005.

Children
  • There used to be branches near me, but there aren't any more. Even if there was I'm restricted by mobility issues. I haven't been outside on my own at all since falls in October 2021. I'm not willing to tempt fate as another fall with my osteoporosis would make it very difficult to live independently . Indoors I have things I can hold onto . Even so I use a rollator most of the time, and even then pain can kick in after about 10-15 minutes of being upright.

• It was great you tried volunteering in a hospital. Shame it did not work out for you. I go litter picking on the moors so tend to not to meet many people but the ones I do say hello and well done so that is good. Good for you being part of a world community. Is there a local NAS branch near you? I wonder if they have any support to help you should you wish to go out somewhere? I have a local autism charity who do befriend clients and we do have meet ups from time to time, one in  a few weeks which should be fun.

• I 'm not sure about it using more electricity. Their website  is currently experiencing technical problems.

en.wikipedia.org/.../World_Community_Grid

• That's really cool, firemonkey!

You are helping the world in a very real way. All that extra electricity must cost you.