Can anyone identify with this?

1) Poor organising and planning ability

2)Difficulty prioritising steps taken in multi step tasks

3) Ability to focus can go from very good to not at all good

Parents
  • Oh yes - it was a real bugbear for me at the start of my carrer until I developed the discipline to use the tips Ameratin suggests.

Checklists, to-do lists, reminders, project trackers and daily reports were all essential to allowing me to just get on with it.

Rather than worrying about what to do next, my lists allowed me to identify what the options were, scorings for importance and urgency let me chose what was next then the discipline made me just do the next thing.

Last thing every day is to update all your lists etc then write your report.

As you start to see stuff checked off, targets completed and the project timelines move on then it give a sense of accomplishment that helps motivate you.

It also helps keep management off your back as you are always busy, can produce status reports quickly and can justify what you have been working on - real lifesavers when you have someone who micromanages you

• Oh yes - it was a real bugbear for me at the start of my carrer until I developed the discipline to use the tips Ameratin suggests.

Checklists, to-do lists, reminders, project trackers and daily reports were all essential to allowing me to just get on with it.

Rather than worrying about what to do next, my lists allowed me to identify what the options were, scorings for importance and urgency let me chose what was next then the discipline made me just do the next thing.

Last thing every day is to update all your lists etc then write your report.

As you start to see stuff checked off, targets completed and the project timelines move on then it give a sense of accomplishment that helps motivate you.

It also helps keep management off your back as you are always busy, can produce status reports quickly and can justify what you have been working on - real lifesavers when you have someone who micromanages you

Children
No Data