Take your Time

The three-word instruction Women love to hear, but drives men up the wall.

It hit me, this afternoon, whenever I honked at a car that cut me off. I ended up pressing a smart function on the steering wheel, when sounding the horn. I tried to get rid of the menu by guesswork, applying speed limiters in the process. Eventually, I was sorted when stopping in town.

I never coped well with pressure, and 'taking time' exacerbates the pressure; for me.

Parents
  • I never coped well with pressure, and 'taking time' exacerbates the pressure; for me.

I found the "taking time" technique was the most effective way to stop stress in its tracks most of the time - apply a bit of mindfulness (ie think "is it really worth getting worked up over?"), take a deep breath and just go on about your day - let it go and feel you are being a better person for it.

The energy saved from being wound up by the incident is quite considerable and I found it made me feel physically much better than before when I would blow the horn and shout at the incompetent driver.

Let the other driver crash by their own hand one day - karma will catch up with them.

• I never coped well with pressure, and 'taking time' exacerbates the pressure; for me.

I found the "taking time" technique was the most effective way to stop stress in its tracks most of the time - apply a bit of mindfulness (ie think "is it really worth getting worked up over?"), take a deep breath and just go on about your day - let it go and feel you are being a better person for it.

The energy saved from being wound up by the incident is quite considerable and I found it made me feel physically much better than before when I would blow the horn and shout at the incompetent driver.

Let the other driver crash by their own hand one day - karma will catch up with them.

Children
No Data