Fork in the air

Hey everyone, the name of this thread may sound a bit dangerous or ridiculous. But it’s related to my issue. While having a meal I write with cutlery or with finger in the air. I can describe the feeling of it as my brain goes to some different state and I forget where I am and what I’m doing, I can merely control myself, what I write in the air is usually some words of a conversation that I hear from other room or from outside, or my own thoughts echoing in my head. Is it some sort of echolalia or stimming… I have no idea. Quite often I also repeat words in whisper but this is less noticeable. Writing with cutlery in the air however looks hmm crazy or weird. It’s not an issue on daily basis because I usually eat alone and I happily do what I want. But soon I have to attend my brothers wedding. I decided to not skip it, ans I anlways happily do with other holidays and parties,  although it’s gonna be tough for me, so many people and everything around. I’m not gonna stay long but I wanna show up. Writing with a fork in a restaurant would be embarrassing, I think it’s even understatement. Is there anyone who can relate to this? Any answer or advise would be appreciated. This forum is the only place where I can share it. My family has already seen me with the fork in the air and I don’t want to cite what they said about it. It also happened to me in a public place few times in the past. I do it for years. 

Parents Reply Children
No Data