Would anyone like to join my film night, yet?

A little over a year ago, reading of some members social isolation and fear, I had the idea that starting a "zoom" based film night might be a panacea for some.

I had a good selection of generally interesting and in many cases "nice" films in mind, and over last years showings acquired a ful years worth at oen a week.

Essentailly apart from ONE MEMBER Mariusz, who sadly has not posted for a cosniderable time, the only participants have been a few friends from time to time, but I still do it anyway.

We're currenlty working through the Peter Sellers pink panther films but in a week or two will return to last years "best of" films.

A partial list follows: 

Tomorrow I shall be scalding myself with tea, a 1980s classic iron curtain time travel comedy.

CAVEMAN a prehistoric comedy featurng ringo starr adn barbara Bach. The dinosaurs are the real stars of this film.. 

PAUL, Pegg and Frost's ET comedy classic

Galaxy Quest, a scifi spectacular especally for trekkies.

District 9 an interesting alternative take on how we'd treat teh aliens when they show up...

The invention of lying, Ricky Gervaise defends dishonesty in a "comedy" that cuts a bit close to the bone if you ask me...

Hugo, an awesome film visually speaking.

Anyone who would like to give it a shot in a week or two, we meet on zoom at 6:00 pm on a sunday evening...

Parents
  • I'm interested in doing a film night. Can I message you about Zoom details or are you able to add them here?

I like all those films, especially Hugo which is so underrated IMO. "And now I stand before you as you truly are. Wizards. Mermaids. Travelers, adventurers...magicians. Come and dream with me."

The original title was The Invention of Hugo Cabret but it was changed... Though many didn't like it I thought it was a pretty good film actually and have it in my dvd collection.

• Last time I put up zoom details the management got a bit sniffy, so a P.M. is probably best..

• Ahh okie dokie.....I will send you a PM... Grinning

Reply Children
No Data