Should I feel guilty for being on universal credit

Hello. This is my first time posting on this site so hope it goes well. 

So, for context, I've been living most of my life with ASD and I managed to slog along and graduate from uni in Cyber Security. Before I went to uni, my family moved to the Forest of Dean, in a house in the middle of nowhere (the type of place that makes it hard to travel without a car) and ever since graduating, I've had to move back here to find post-graduate work.

I've applied for almost 100 post graduate jobs, and despite getting very close after a couple of interviews, I'm still not employed. The reason is usually due to a candidate being more qualified, due to the fact that I had a hard time doing an internship during university, and have no practical experience in the working world. I also tried applying for some part time work based on things I did part time during uni (bar / hotel work), etc and again, no dice. I don't know why it's waay harder to find work that I've already done, but there you go.

So I decided to take out universal credit; I know I sound like a scrounger, but at this point, I don't really care. I have been applying for jobs pretty much every day (including basic admin work) and no luck, though my work coach says that I have been putting the effort in and then some.  I need to have some leisure, in order to not get cabin fever in this house and everything is so expensive these days. I've even had to fork out some money on hotels, due to trains constantly being cancelled (the railway line that takes me to  where I live is prone to landslides).

To avoid any stigma surrounding this, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Parents
  • No. Unapologetic-ally so.

The universe is endlessly abundant.

It allows for everything.

It's up to you, and what you want.

Stigma is in the eye of the beholder. You can ignore it.

It is simply someone counting someone else's money which is a silly pastime.

Read "The Secret".

• No. Unapologetic-ally so.

The universe is endlessly abundant.

It allows for everything.

It's up to you, and what you want.

Stigma is in the eye of the beholder. You can ignore it.

It is simply someone counting someone else's money which is a silly pastime.

Read "The Secret".

Children
No Data