Frustrated with myself

I've been getting frustrated with myself. I try and try to fit in and to be normal but nothing ever changes. I see people and I get intense anxiety and that makes my head spin and I feel sick and sweaty. I don't get why I struggle so much with the seemingly simplest things like answering the phone or going outside.

I don't understand myself. Everything I try results in intense anxiety and it leaves me exhausted and completely overwhelmed, sometimes for days after.

Now I've even been in touch with my GP and she referred me to mental health *gags* and they were useful AF and decided I needed to be detained just because I struggle with ordinary autism problems.

I tried working too and they let me go after a week.

I'm frustrated with myself because I can't be normal like everyone else seems to be like. My mum said to me last week why can't I be normal. 

I've tried explaining my situation and how I find certain things difficult but my mum doesn't believe me and no one else seems to.

Just want to scream.

Parents
  • Do you have an autism diagnosis?  Is it worth seeking a diagnosis, so you have something that you can use to explain your issues?

That your mum would say something like that is, at best, unhelpful, if not abuse.

• Hello.

Yes I'm lucky to have an official diagnosis and it's helped explain some things to me but not everything. I just wish there were more things I could do that didn't result in anxiety and burning out.

My mum is not a nice person unfortunately but luckily I have my own flat now and only see her maybe twice a week. I'm happier and healthier since I moved out last year.

Life is hard but I'm much more independent and that's good for me.

I was hoping for professional help with some of it but I didn't realise that there isn't really any available.

• Hello.

Yes I'm lucky to have an official diagnosis and it's helped explain some things to me but not everything. I just wish there were more things I could do that didn't result in anxiety and burning out.

My mum is not a nice person unfortunately but luckily I have my own flat now and only see her maybe twice a week. I'm happier and healthier since I moved out last year.

Life is hard but I'm much more independent and that's good for me.

I was hoping for professional help with some of it but I didn't realise that there isn't really any available.

Children
No Data