Frustrated with myself

I've been getting frustrated with myself. I try and try to fit in and to be normal but nothing ever changes. I see people and I get intense anxiety and that makes my head spin and I feel sick and sweaty. I don't get why I struggle so much with the seemingly simplest things like answering the phone or going outside.

I don't understand myself. Everything I try results in intense anxiety and it leaves me exhausted and completely overwhelmed, sometimes for days after.

Now I've even been in touch with my GP and she referred me to mental health *gags* and they were useful AF and decided I needed to be detained just because I struggle with ordinary autism problems.

I tried working too and they let me go after a week.

I'm frustrated with myself because I can't be normal like everyone else seems to be like. My mum said to me last week why can't I be normal. 

I've tried explaining my situation and how I find certain things difficult but my mum doesn't believe me and no one else seems to.

Just want to scream.

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Sarah! Oh my gosh thank you so much for all the links and for all the support with this. I didn't really want to come here and moan about my life, it all sort of got to me and erupted like a volcano - but I'm overwhelmed by all your support and advice on where to go from here! Thank you so much, it's just a big help in itself knowing there's people who care, and comforting to know that people can understand what it's been like.

Thank you for all the links and advice. I've bookmarked them so I can check them out and also return to them if I require them again.

I did Google but there's so much to read and I wasn't sure what's helpful when you're autistic. A lot of it is very overwhelming and stressful to think about.

I really do appreciate you taking the time to help. Thank you!

Have a lovely Sunday! Slight smile