What book are you reading?

I'm currently reading Catch 22 by J. Heller.

I first read this book at secondary school and quickly bought it when I was able to because I knew from my first time reading I would want to read it again and I have many times.

This book is masterful in so many ways. It begins as comic farce, proceeds to the increasingly surreal, and then transforms into a nightmarish tragedy before ending triumphantly. No novel that I know so successfully blends all these disparate moods. I believe it was Hugh Walpole who wrote, "Life is a comedy to those who think, and a tragedy to those who feel." No book illustrates that better than this novel. This truly is one of the funniest books I have ever read. It is also one of the most tragic.

Not many books I've read have been like this. It's a special book, well written, gripping and can actually bring my emotions to life something not many things can actually do.

If you haven't had the pleasure of reading this then I do highly recommend you giving it a try. It's a masterpiece!

Sorry that turned in to a review weirdly...excuse my weirdness, I'm eccentric. Rofl

Parents Reply
  • Not read anything by him, but I have two albums by his sister who records under the name Poe. According to a well-known online encyclopaedia, House of Leaves was published to coincide with the release of her second album, the excellent Haunted.

Children
No Data