What book are you reading?

I'm currently reading Catch 22 by J. Heller.

I first read this book at secondary school and quickly bought it when I was able to because I knew from my first time reading I would want to read it again and I have many times.

This book is masterful in so many ways. It begins as comic farce, proceeds to the increasingly surreal, and then transforms into a nightmarish tragedy before ending triumphantly. No novel that I know so successfully blends all these disparate moods. I believe it was Hugh Walpole who wrote, "Life is a comedy to those who think, and a tragedy to those who feel." No book illustrates that better than this novel. This truly is one of the funniest books I have ever read. It is also one of the most tragic.

Not many books I've read have been like this. It's a special book, well written, gripping and can actually bring my emotions to life something not many things can actually do.

If you haven't had the pleasure of reading this then I do highly recommend you giving it a try. It's a masterpiece!

Sorry that turned in to a review weirdly...excuse my weirdness, I'm eccentric. Rofl

Parents
  • Sorry that turned in to a review weirdly...excuse my weirdness, I'm eccentric.

Dont apologise for being eccentric, and passionate about what you love. Eccentric people are my favourite type. Grin

Yesterday while waiting for the kettle to boil i was caught at work by two engineers i dont know, singing Rockin Robin whilst tap dancing. (A skill i dont possess). 

Eccentric and me are very very good pals lol. 

• Hello fellow eccentric person!

I love that you were just in your own little world, singing and tap dancing... Good for you and don't be put off. It's these little quirky that make us the wonderful people we are. I used to do similar in the corridors at school....

I have no regrets!

I still do it now, my daughter must be wondering what the hell is going on!Sweat smile

• Hello fellow eccentric person!

I love that you were just in your own little world, singing and tap dancing... Good for you and don't be put off. It's these little quirky that make us the wonderful people we are. I used to do similar in the corridors at school....

I have no regrets!

I still do it now, my daughter must be wondering what the hell is going on!Sweat smile

Children
No Data