On a bad day - what do you turn to for comfort?

We all have really bad days and when I do I often feel I’m floundering and don’t know where to turn to find some comfort and make the world feel like a less completely hostile place. What strategies do you use on those days when everything feels completely overwhelming and bleak and you’re feeling hopeless about life? What helps?

Parents
  • Self harming https me

Not healthy but it does help.

I've been looking for alternatives but so far found nothing.

• I’m sorry Goosey - I imagine that’s a very challenging kind of help/comfort to have to turn to. I’ve considered  it sometimes, but I have too much health anxiety for that. I’d be too scared and I’d worry I’d end up having to seek medical help - which I have such a dread of. I understand though x I hope you can find alternatives that work for you, and in the meantime: solidarity. Mental pain is hard to live with and anything that helps is hard to walk away from. Take care x

• I'm so sorry about your health anxiety

I hope you are getting the support you need with this - though I know it's hard getting support as an adult with ASD.

I get anxiety sometimes with health as well makes it almost impossible to see a doctor.

Virtual hugs x

• I'm so sorry about your health anxiety

I hope you are getting the support you need with this - though I know it's hard getting support as an adult with ASD.

I get anxiety sometimes with health as well makes it almost impossible to see a doctor.

Virtual hugs x

Children
  • Thank you for the virtual hugs and sorry I didn't see your reply until just now! My notifications never work

I understand completely how you feel. Medical anxiety like that is horrible because you can potentially be unwell but too anxious to actually get checked out

My mum says it's pathetic but she doesn't feel the anxiety I do she can't walk in my shoes and see how badly it affects me and how much worse it would be if I actually tried to call a DR let alone see one!

Anxiety is crippling. I'm so sorry you go through this as well. I really hope it gets better for you Kate I truly do x

• Thanks Goosey - I really appreciate that x I basically can’t go to the doctor because I get so much anxiety about that, it’s a bit of a problem in many ways to be honest! I’m sorry you struggle with this too - it’s not much fun basically is it? (Understatement!) 

Thanks for the virtual hugs - am sending some in return x