Trigger warning: Girl gets arrested, seemingly for being Autistic in a built up area.

Firstly: As the (annoying) commentry indicates we don't know all the facts here.

Secondly: It's a "zero hedge" article featuring PJW, so will be utter anathema to some people.

Thirdly: It's morbidly interesting, and somewhat thought provoking.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/arrested-saying-lesbian

Parents
  • Do you know what we should do. We should have a march. They have been autistic pride march’s before. But we should have one in Leeds specifically about this. A celebration of autistic insensitivity and plain speaking. If we timed it right it might even coincide with the discrimination hearing assuming this case actually comes to court.

I know there’s a broad range of different views but I think there is at least some consensus here but what happened was unacceptable and that culture in the police and society at large needs to change regarding dealing with autistic people who say things that make others uncomfortable. Maybe we don’t have consensus on what that change should be but I think we all agree on most of us agreed that change is needed.

would people here be interested in organising an autistic pride march in Leeds to protest this sort of thing?

• Just to be clear if all goes well I'll be talking to a leeds based charity about this soon. So if you've any input now is the time.

• See if you can get permission for some of us to carry ceremonial spears?

• Different sort of "pride parade", that is...

• Can I have a cat-o-nine-tails?

Very useful in a tight spot.

Reply Children