Please reply if you have the time, Interested into your opinion

Hello, my name is Thinesh and I am creating this discussion to ask of your opinion on a GCSE NEA DT brief. For my DT NEA Project, I am going to try and create a product which helps people (mainly those with autism) to be less stressed and anxious within public areas. I am currently working on my DT NEA project and require some additional opinions on my potential product. Since this is a discussion about autism, I would like to receive some feedback directly from people who have this as I believe that it can benefit me greatly. If you can, please could you reply to this with some needs and wants that you think I should apply towards the creation of my product? That will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Please can you submit your needs and wants about this design brief attached below, Thanks.

To design a product which helps the user to reduce their anxiety while in crowded areas/public spaces. It should be suitable to be used by a range of different age groups and can be used in various scenarios.

Parents
  • could you reply to this with some needs and wants that you think I should apply towards the creation of my product? T

Key requirements would be:

• portability
    • price point ( a lot of those with more severe forms of autisms are not earning much)
    • durability (especially  as we tend to fidget with things a lot, and it needs to be easy to clean for the hygene freaks)
    • environmental/sustainability credentials

I would recommend starting with a review of what is on the market and avoid duplication, but instead look for gaps in the market or where existing products do not meet the requirements well. No point reinventing the wheel, although somebody did when they invented off-road tyres.

This research will show you are assessing the market, consulting with the potential users and gathering requirements to inform your design.

Do you already have something in mind? Input at this stage can help guide its development to something we actually want to own.

• could you reply to this with some needs and wants that you think I should apply towards the creation of my product? T

Key requirements would be:

• portability
    • price point ( a lot of those with more severe forms of autisms are not earning much)
    • durability (especially  as we tend to fidget with things a lot, and it needs to be easy to clean for the hygene freaks)
    • environmental/sustainability credentials

I would recommend starting with a review of what is on the market and avoid duplication, but instead look for gaps in the market or where existing products do not meet the requirements well. No point reinventing the wheel, although somebody did when they invented off-road tyres.

This research will show you are assessing the market, consulting with the potential users and gathering requirements to inform your design.

Do you already have something in mind? Input at this stage can help guide its development to something we actually want to own.

Children
No Data