Noise and Sound Problems

If your child (or one in your care) complains about noises or sound, this is a quick summary of sound levels, sound frequencies and how it affects human health: https://decibelpro.app/blog/can-sound-kill-you/

As a note: 70dB to 85dB is a non-stop level in public spaces currently. A 2 hour movie can often reach 90 - 95 if not louder. 

110-124dB is the level of new hand dryers in public loos.

Electric vehicles, scooters and LEDs resonate at a piercing high frequency: wear ear plugs and defenders when near the streets - you cannot get your hearing back!

Parents
  • I have suffered from extreme noise sensitivity throughout my life and it seems to be getting worse as I age. Thanks for the link. I didn't realise how harmful sound actually is to human health and my body has clearly been trying to protect me from harm.

The modern hand dryers in public loos are simply torture. Obviously I don't go near them myself but it is impossible to avoid the noise of others using them. 

I would echo the above comments about dogs. Those little yappy ones are the bane of my existence! Since covid they seem to be everywhere with their incessant high pitched barking Angry The smaller the dog the worse the bark in my experience.

• I have suffered from extreme noise sensitivity throughout my life and it seems to be getting worse as I age. Thanks for the link. I didn't realise how harmful sound actually is to human health and my body has clearly been trying to protect me from harm.

The modern hand dryers in public loos are simply torture. Obviously I don't go near them myself but it is impossible to avoid the noise of others using them. 

I would echo the above comments about dogs. Those little yappy ones are the bane of my existence! Since covid they seem to be everywhere with their incessant high pitched barking Angry The smaller the dog the worse the bark in my experience.

Children
  • Gosh, yes, little dogs with high-pitched yappy barks drive me mad. I have a dog of my own but he's a greyhound- they tend to be very quiet so unless he's feeling particularly put out by something (in which case he honks like a goose) he's very easy to live with!