Noise and Sound Problems

If your child (or one in your care) complains about noises or sound, this is a quick summary of sound levels, sound frequencies and how it affects human health: https://decibelpro.app/blog/can-sound-kill-you/

As a note: 70dB to 85dB is a non-stop level in public spaces currently. A 2 hour movie can often reach 90 - 95 if not louder. 

110-124dB is the level of new hand dryers in public loos.

Electric vehicles, scooters and LEDs resonate at a piercing high frequency: wear ear plugs and defenders when near the streets - you cannot get your hearing back!

Parents
  • I hate those hand dryers. Also I had to replace my hair dryer when it stopped working during the pandemic so picked one online. I rarely use the highest setting as it is too loud.

• handdryiers are horribly noisy. Something I realised about a year ago: even though we can’t avoid others using them there’s no need to inflict it on ourselves when alone. What I do now in the staff toilets is wash my hands (obviously!), then over the sink squeeze one hand from the wrist to the fingertips. Then repeat for the other hand. Result: about as dry as with the drier but soundless. 

• handdryiers are horribly noisy. Something I realised about a year ago: even though we can’t avoid others using them there’s no need to inflict it on ourselves when alone. What I do now in the staff toilets is wash my hands (obviously!), then over the sink squeeze one hand from the wrist to the fingertips. Then repeat for the other hand. Result: about as dry as with the drier but soundless. 

Children
No Data