Light and eye damage

Does anyone know if looking into a flashlight that's light is led and output is 800 lumens will damage my eye?

I've been so anxious lately and I'm finding a comfort in light it seems to wash calming effect over me.

I looked up damaging eye but sunlight only really comes up as serious damage but I'm not sure if it would be healthy. I don't want to be blinded or develop problems in my eye but at the same time it's becoming an obsessive urge and I'm struggling to resist.

I'm not sure what's causing it. I think it is anxiety.

Parents
  • This may sound odd, but I would try a telescope, a kaleidoscope, a microscope. You may have a muscle in your eye that needs some kind of exercise. There are quite a few handheld microscopes which might do and aren't too expensive.

LEDs can be incredibly damaging. If none of the above work, buy a candle and stare at the flame, or do this in the meantime while you work out if any of the above seem a solution. 

for more information: lightaware.org  

• Hey thanks great idea! I'll look up telescope and see if I can try and get one. I have a night light now and that's not hurting my eyes. Got eye test tomorrow.

Reply Children
No Data