Losing a close friend.

Like most people with AS, growing up without friends is something we all know and understand. I think that’s why we value any type of friendships we have.

Lately, a friend has become very distant. And I’ve tired to talk to him about it and see what’s happening and he won’t tell me, he’ll ignore the questions. 
it’s triggered my depression a lot. He’s basically my only friend and I can’t go through losing another friend.

im scared. Because when it happens I know it’s going to be the worst breakdown of my life. He’s such a good friend but he’s changed alot. I feel like I’ve already lost him.

I look at pictures of us from a year ago and I feel like he died. I actually feel like he’s dead and never coming back.

I don’t know what to do anymore. I’ve tried making new friends and it just never works out for me. 

Parents
  • Its really difficult, but other people do not always tell us what is happening to them, why they they are distant, or indeed if we have done something.  We also aren't always aware if we might have been driving someone away not realised, and feedback might help us get better at getting it right, and help and support might also, but other people might not want to.

Losing people from our lives is not just painful in terms of loss but also usually means we are alone and isolated (even with family or others around).  You have not choice usually but to adjust to this and it takes time, so just go with that and manage yourself through it as best you can.  Have faith in yourself that you have coped alone before and will cope again.  We are here, many here know how it is.

Be hopeful, explore ways you could make new friends, rather than writing off any possible chance in the future, its not worth predicting the future, better to try and shape your future by trying things and changing things.

• Its really difficult, but other people do not always tell us what is happening to them, why they they are distant, or indeed if we have done something.  We also aren't always aware if we might have been driving someone away not realised, and feedback might help us get better at getting it right, and help and support might also, but other people might not want to.

Losing people from our lives is not just painful in terms of loss but also usually means we are alone and isolated (even with family or others around).  You have not choice usually but to adjust to this and it takes time, so just go with that and manage yourself through it as best you can.  Have faith in yourself that you have coped alone before and will cope again.  We are here, many here know how it is.

Be hopeful, explore ways you could make new friends, rather than writing off any possible chance in the future, its not worth predicting the future, better to try and shape your future by trying things and changing things.

Children
No Data