Does anyone else feel sad when they’re alone

Hi

Why am I sad at night? It’s not that I’m sad for a particular reason or that I’m upset to be alone because I don’t mind being by myself in the daytime. But then when nighttime hits, I get extremely sad, sometimes crying-sad. And this only happens when I’m alone.

I could just be distracting myself when I spend the night with someone and that’s why I’m not sad. I just want to fall asleep immediately so I can avoid these feelings and wake up happy again.

Do any of you guys also experience this? What can I do to help this?

Parents
  • I get this and it hits me pretty fast, even after a great positive day. Therefore, I think its my mind's way of handling tiredness, or overwhelming moments combined with my default way of over thinking. especially when thinking about the past and the uncertainty of the future. I've noticed I have this thing when I'm feeling super low or feeling particularly bad about a bad experience I feel like someone is standing behind me and putting a gun to my head. I don't feel suicidal to be clear but I've come to understand that its my minds way of reasoning with that memory, feeling or moment. Some people use the phrase 'I wished the ground opened up and swallowed me whole' and I think this is the same thing with me with the gun metaphor. 

To calm myself I like listening to calming/meditaitve music (apple music has a great playlist) or just white noise. ( the calm app is great for that too). 

I've recently started working out later in the day and that tires me out and I fall asleep. and also I have starting taking Valerian Root (be careful as it can't be taken with certain medications) and it seems to really let me go to bed and stills my mind. 

One more thing look into whether you are looking at a device or screen before bed. That makes my mind go into overdrive depending on what I've watched or read before I turn it off. 

• I get this and it hits me pretty fast, even after a great positive day. Therefore, I think its my mind's way of handling tiredness, or overwhelming moments combined with my default way of over thinking. especially when thinking about the past and the uncertainty of the future. I've noticed I have this thing when I'm feeling super low or feeling particularly bad about a bad experience I feel like someone is standing behind me and putting a gun to my head. I don't feel suicidal to be clear but I've come to understand that its my minds way of reasoning with that memory, feeling or moment. Some people use the phrase 'I wished the ground opened up and swallowed me whole' and I think this is the same thing with me with the gun metaphor. 

To calm myself I like listening to calming/meditaitve music (apple music has a great playlist) or just white noise. ( the calm app is great for that too). 

I've recently started working out later in the day and that tires me out and I fall asleep. and also I have starting taking Valerian Root (be careful as it can't be taken with certain medications) and it seems to really let me go to bed and stills my mind. 

One more thing look into whether you are looking at a device or screen before bed. That makes my mind go into overdrive depending on what I've watched or read before I turn it off. 

Children
No Data