This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Autism and ADHD

Hi,

Does anyone have any advice on Autism and ADHD.

I am a female and was diagnosed at the grand old age of 45 with Autism but lately I am wondering if I also have ADHD.  I have a son who is 9 and has been diagnosed with ADHD but is in the process of seeing if he has Autism.

I read up on lots of information and it is sending me loopy as autism and ADHD have many symptoms that cross over.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Parents Reply
  • I completely agree with the psychology today article - that what we call ADHD and Autism are simply a mismatch with the current human environment in Western Capitalism (not everywhere globally). 

But some of those ticktocks I can't watch Sweat smile

While yes, that can be both the ADHD brain and the Autistic, the key to understanding the difference is the more an autistic individual is allowed, encouraged and supported to finish one thing at a time, the more grounded they become. In my experience, my friends with ADHD somewhat thrive with a million things happening at once. Autistics are accident prone with more than one process and with things perpetually left unresolved. 

Children
No Data