Autism and Massage therapy

Hey,

I'm new to this forum. My son is also an autistic kid. We are giving him the best care and treatment. Now he is fifteen years old. A year back, I tried massage therapy sessions on him as per our doctor's advice. At the initial stage, he was uncomfortable with the massages, especially the touches. Then slowly, he began to love the sessions. All thanks are for his therapist. Now he is more flexible than before. I dont know anybody has tried this before. For my child, this was beneficial. Thought of sharing this here.

Thanks!

Parents
  • Hi ,

Welcome to the community! I hope you enjoy connecting with others here. Thank you for sharing this interesting post - I'm glad to hear that your son has benefitted from massage therapy.

All the best,

ChloeMod

• Hey, Thank You!!

I get more information regarding Autism, and it would help me support my son more and more. And this is the reason that I, too, shared my experience, which allows other parents for their Autistic kids. I would also like to share the massage centre, which would be helpful to others.

[removed by moderator]

Edited by Liz Mod

• Hey, Thank You!!

I get more information regarding Autism, and it would help me support my son more and more. And this is the reason that I, too, shared my experience, which allows other parents for their Autistic kids. I would also like to share the massage centre, which would be helpful to others.

[removed by moderator]

Edited by Liz Mod

Children
  • Your experience with massage therapy is really heartening. It's fantastic that your son's therapist was able to help him overcome his initial discomfort and that he's now benefiting from it. Thanks for sharing your story – it's inspiring to see the progress he's made. For anyone interested, you can also find more information about massage therapy and zero gravity massage chairs at [link removed by Moderator]. Keep up the fantastic work with your son's care journey! Star2