Help for Anxiety/Confidence Issues in Adult Son

My son suffers with anxiety/lack of confidence, he has ASD. He has tried Matthews Hub for help but is trying to find a private female therapist that will be able to help him with his issues. One he tried just said straight no they cant help him and another he has messaged and they haven't gotten back to him, all the while this is making his anxieties worse, anyone know of any help out there he can goto. He has no friends and could do with something to help him socially as he tries to overcome these obstacles but gets very hot, sweaty and has to depart wherever he maybe at that time. He is the most loving, helpful, loyal to the core (especially to Tesco LOL), i just want him to blossom into the man he wants tp be and gain some confidence so he can see the beautiful soul I see every time I look at him. 

Parents
  • Cognitive behaviour therapy is an effective way of dealing with anxiety, but the therapist needs to be aware of ASD, as CBT aimed at neurotypicals can be unhelpful.

Some autistics find that CBD as gummies - the oil on its own tastes fairly unpleasant - helps with anxiety. CBD is cannabidiol, it does not contain the psychotropic compounds that cause a cannabis high and is not addictive. It can be bought at places like Holland and Barrett and is entirely legal.

• Cognitive behaviour therapy is an effective way of dealing with anxiety, but the therapist needs to be aware of ASD, as CBT aimed at neurotypicals can be unhelpful.

Some autistics find that CBD as gummies - the oil on its own tastes fairly unpleasant - helps with anxiety. CBD is cannabidiol, it does not contain the psychotropic compounds that cause a cannabis high and is not addictive. It can be bought at places like Holland and Barrett and is entirely legal.

Children
No Data