Death

My mum has sadly died. I've not experienced death before so I'm not really understanding what's happening. I feel bad because I don't feel sad, I don't feel anything. Is that normal? She was my mum and I loved her but I'm not feeling anything since she went.

I'm worried about how I'm going to continue on without mum. She did everything for me despite the fact I'm in my 20s. I can't communicate very well. I don't know how to do money, no job, can't cook, can't drive. I don't know what I'm going to do now. I'm all on my own and I'm scared.

Parents
  • Snowflake, the tone of your post indicates that you cared for her a great deal. Given what you describe of your relationship, it is very likely that she would have known this. There is nothing wrong with your response. There will be difficulties ahead; break down the problems into smaller problems and tackle them one by one; others in this thread have given you good advice about agencies to request help from. I suspect that you are more resilient and resourceful than you currently imagine.

• Snowflake, the tone of your post indicates that you cared for her a great deal. Given what you describe of your relationship, it is very likely that she would have known this. There is nothing wrong with your response. There will be difficulties ahead; break down the problems into smaller problems and tackle them one by one; others in this thread have given you good advice about agencies to request help from. I suspect that you are more resilient and resourceful than you currently imagine.

Children
No Data