<-10> <+10> How Do You Feel Right Now?

How Do You Feel Right Now on a scale of -10 to +10 ? 

• Or just more decent men who don't try and browbeat and bully women on their own...

• so sorry for your loss 

• -8 at the moment... I'm usually more optimistic, but my girlfriend recently passed away in her sleep of a stroke, and every time her name gets mentioned it's as if someone has trodden on part of my soul and stamped their feet.. like all the colour just drained out of the world.

I'm going to start receiving counseling soon, and I'm also trying to help organise her funeral, which is helping me work things out of my head.

I guess my recent diagnosis is the most stable foundation that I can use to build upon, moving forward. I don't always understand my overall mood, but I know by now that the only way is up... Despite how cruel life is being to me at the moment.

• Oh these things are sneaky, they hang around for years.

• Today, my score has dipped... to somewhere around -5, which I know is linked, at least in part, to the weather/climate. My thermometer hasn't risen beyond 17 C for more than a week.

I do not function well in winter. The only sensible thing to do in the winter months is to cancel (and reschedule) everything that requires going outside. Mid-October, I usually enter a state of hibernation, only resurfacing in the Spring.  

The urge to stay in bed until at least noon, and to get back into bed around 4pm is overwhelming. The one positive note is that drinking hot chocolate becomes an essential activity!

• reasoning is what I like too, though mine usually gives mania in return Stuck out tongue

I can go to extremes only, so it seems

like a pendulum, now I know why I was always fascinated with old clocks

about killjoy, there is an amusing sci-fi TV series Killjoys

• I've just been thinking about this scale.

Surely 0 to +3, would be a good range to aim for. That would be a baseline of general contentment.

• -10 being a deep depression
    • +10 being euphoria or mania

Neither of the extremes would be desirable, especially not long term. Would it not be better to average in the low positives as that would be more stable?

Just thinking aloud, based on those videos about dopaminergic pathways Smiley

Not trying to be a killjoy, I'm just not very good with scales, hahaha.

• still 7 

did not decline, that is a relief

• good there are kind people in this world still

• just had a life changing experience --- i am so lucky to be still alive. someone just granted me a miracle and i am so thankful. I wasnt afraid to die but i just cant believe my luck ! Slight smile

• There definitely needs to be more regulation in the UK. When we looked at moving to California last year, I couldn’t believe the level of training, regulation and membership you had to have, even to be a “Handyman”. It’s a good thing though. At least if we had something similar you would know the person you are getting is vetted and registered with the local council.

• Need more Aspie tradespeople who don’t get involved with the bravado B.S.!

• it's a shame the cold virus didn't die out when it had no one to infect

• Haha, yes.

Literally the worst cold I've ever had in the past 2 years. But the last cold I had was probably over 2 years ago Smiley

Time to start thinking about getting a flu jab, I suppose.

• Have you got the terrible cold of the year? Apparently all our immune systems are weakened because we've been in lockdown so now colds and flu are striking back with a vengeance.

Hope you get better soon!

• I find it really hard to gauge how I feel, especially on such a broad scale. For me, it's usually up, down, or somewhere inbetween.

I've had a cold these past few days, to the point where I was dreading coughing or sneezing because my diaphragm and ribs hurt so much. It's almost cleared now, but the fuzzy head gave me a migraine - scintillating scotoma - this morning, which although not severe is always annoying and leaves me a bit wiped out.

So I suppose I'm on 'middling' to 'up', or whatever that is on your scale Smiley

• Can you tell the rude electricians to behave better then? They're giving you a bad name...

Workmen are very nice when my husband is there, but start being rude when he goes off to work/ wherever. Funny that!

• I had a great electrician around last week. An amazing workman. But they are regulated and certificated as tradespeople.

It tends to be outside tradespeople who are charlatans because they are not regulated. Anyone with an arsehole and a wheelbarrow can call themselves landscapers/builders. They are the same as 'interior' designers. Mostly crooked and corrupt unless you are very lucky and hyper careful.

• Err! Excuse me. I’m an electrician. We’re not all bad!!InnocentSweat smile

• Wow! You are brave! As a woman on her own, there's no way I'd get into a fight with a man! The best option for me is get out of their way in case I'm attacked.